Jupiter-80 vs Integra?

Casio Man

• Members

Omg, what a sudden and painful gas attack!!!

Does the Jupiters and Integra have all & same functionality?

How is the synth in them?

Can you edit, or downright mangle the SRX sounds?

Hows the engine?

Does the SRX-"cards" come to Jupiters?

Any favorite demos to share?

Any demos of synth engine?

• Members

[video=youtube;nLWH-VQMQLM]

integra 7 demo on sonic state, where Gareth give the Vs against the jupiter 50/80

integra 7 does not have:

no zone splitting (does have midi channel splits)

one effect per patch on the integra (can me a multi effect patch with chorus, delay etc)

does have motional 5:1 surround sound

does have srx boards

does have 16 midid channels

128 note poly (256 poly on jupiter 80 and 128 on jupiter 50 i think)

does have same legacy collection as jupiter 80/50 - once it's out for sale/download

note editing of effects is on the actual unit for the integra 7...not on the ipad app...jupiter 80 will use it's touch screen i guess.

• Members

apparently you cannot mix and match from all of the srx boards into the users slots...i'm trying to get this 100% F.a.c.t...this might need to wait uintil we get access to the user manual pdf.

also on boot up you still need to drag n drop your cards into the virtual slots...

however...there has to be some limits to what i see as a pretty substantial synth...it's does a great deal for such a low price point...hard to crit really for

• Members

Yeah, I don't care at all, if/that I don't get to load 12 SRXs at once; 16 sounds from 4 srx cards + 2000 patches of the supernatural sort are plenty to me from 1 module.

I'm all ready convinced, but one thing intrigues me; what kind, or is there any kind of rompler engine to go crazy with SRX-samples. I saw some one loading a JD-800-ish pcm wave in the (Gaia looking)SuperNatural synth in some Jupiter or Integra demo.

• Members

Any demos of synth engine?

If you mean the SN Synth, then check back on the Jup80 Demo,s as the original launch demos were done when the Jup80 only had a single MFX per main part (2 x 4) and so had the same basic SN Synth structure as Integra

:wave:

• Members

Yeah, I don't care at all, if/that I don't get to load 12 SRXs at once; 16 sounds from 4 srx cards + 2000 patches of the supernatural sort are plenty to me from 1 module.

I'm all ready convinced, but one thing intrigues me; what kind, or is there any kind of rompler engine to go crazy with SRX-samples. I saw some one loading a JD-800-ish pcm wave in the (Gaia looking)SuperNatural synth in some Jupiter or Integra demo.

The Integra has approx 450 PCM waves as an extra selectable source from within the SN Synth engine... While this is not linked in any way to the SRX or PCM and GM on the rest of the synth, there is no reason why Roland had to copy or not copy from SRX or D50 or any other classic such as the JD800. Lets hope for the sake of the Integra they do not duplicate too many from the SRX world, although you could argue the synth is different so no harm in some cross over...

Hopefully the PCM waves chosen from their history of synths, that have been selected, best suit the type of synthier stuff the VA does best...

• Members

The Integra has approx 450 PCM waves as an extra selectable source from within the SN Synth engine... While this is not linked in any way to the SRX or PCM and GM on the rest of the synth, there is no reason why Roland had to copy or not copy from SRX or D50 or any other classic such as the JD800. Lets hope for the sake of the Integra they do not duplicate too many from the SRX world

I think those are the stock XV-5080 tones.

As I understand it, the sounds available with nothing loaded into the slots fall into 4 categories: SuperNATURAL acoustic (modeled), SuperNATURAL synth (VA and digital synth emulation), SuperNATURAL drums (V-drums) and XV-5080 (traditional rompler PCM). Then into the slots, you can load extra banks of SN acoustic instruments, the virtual SRX cards (in a sense, completing the XV-5080 soundset), or the 4-slot GM2 soundset (which may be partially or entirely combining sounds from the various other places, to assemble a kind of "best of").

• Members

I think those are the stock XV-5080 tones.

As I understand it, the sounds available with nothing loaded into the slots fall into 4 categories: SuperNATURAL acoustic (modeled), SuperNATURAL synth (VA and digital synth emulation), SuperNATURAL drums (V-drums) and XV-5080 (traditional rompler PCM). Then into the slots, you can load extra banks of SN acoustic instruments, the virtual SRX cards (in a sense, completing the XV-5080 soundset), or the 4-slot GM2 soundset (which may be partially or entirely combining sounds from the various other places, to assemble a kind of "best of").

@ ''stock XV-5080 tones'' No I was discussing the PCM inside the SN VA synth. Do not confuse that with the SRX PCM and THE GM PCM's and the HD PCM all are different elements of this synth..

@ ''4 Slots'' I appreciate someone that had one on review said that, but I believe they are wrong as I stated soon after their comments. The pictures on the box and the guide all indicate the SN Acoustic and SN VA are part of the always available library of tones. This makes sense since they do not hold much PCM data and so run as programmes when the machine boots up..

It is only the EX SN's and the other HD PCM sources that need to load into the 4 slots. Once again this makes sense since they take up memory and so need to be loaded in to Fast RAM to be able to be streamed as sound sources

Tones

SuperNATURAL Acoustic SuperNATURAL Synth SuperNATURAL Drum Kit PCM Synth PCM Drum Kit * GM2 compatible sounds are included.

Expansion Virtual Slots

4 Slots * The following titles are loaded from the internal memory into the virtual slots. SRX Series (12 titles) SRX-01 Dynamic Drum Kits SRX-02 Concert Piano SRX-03 Studio SRX SRX-04 Symphonique Strings SRX-05 Supreme Dance SRX-06 Complete Orchestra SRX-07 Ultimate Keys SRX-08 Platinum Trax SRX-09 World Collection SRX-10 Big Brass Ensemble SRX-11 Complete Piano SRX-12 Classic EPs Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds (6 titles) ExSN1 Ethnic ExSN2 Wood Winds ExSN3 Session ExSN4 A.Guitar ExSN5 Brass ExSN6 SFX Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds (1 title) ExPCM HQ GM2 + HQ PCM Sound Collection * The SRX Series and the Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds use one virtual slot per title. * The Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds use all four virtual slots.

:wave:

• Members

Awesome fiind! I was looking forward to do that! Not yet game breaking, but it might have impact on my plans.

Is Casio Man happy... :)

:whisper: Tone Blender was an obvious omission.. I don't think it is that great to be honest :poke:

• Members

Is Casio Man happy...
:)

:whisper:
Tone Blender was an obvious omission.. I don't think it is that great to be honest :poke:

Yes, despite my sour face, I am often very happy person inside. Only world is crap, but personal things are in fantastic shape.

But morphing sounds is awesome and would make even happier if I could swat that fly with Integra too!

• Members

Yes, I am often very happy. Only world is crap, but personal things are in fantastic shape.

But morphing sounds is awesome and would make even happier if I could swat that fly with Integra too!

The old Yamaha module for example keeps their patterns and arps (6000+)... but adds nothing more...

This new Roland Integra dumps what little non tone stuff/extras the Jups had but then adds so much more in the way of new tones and studio friendly layout...:thu:

I will be honest, I find myself tending to VA sounds, so this module is not needed for me, but I would love to own one (for that time when you just want to add that something extra)... I will have more fun turning ''Minimoog V Original'' sounds into patches on my MV8800 than I will trying to torture this module into making the sounds I truly love..

There is some VA overlap with my GAIA although it does sound different. The Integra SN VA does add some new tricks (internal PCM for the VA and super saw detune which is tricky to do on the GAIA but can actually be more creative as you are forced to manually mix detuned waves which can lead you to choosing different waves that you may not try in a machine with a simple one waves type detune nob for super saw only).

Integra only has one MFX (plus the global and surround) so now we know that those Integra MFXs are similar if not the same as a single Jup MFX (from the manual), it means we know we will not be able to create the same effects chains as the GAIA or the Jups... It will be different in sound for some patches it cannot match on the other machines... GAIA also tends towards high frequencies (I assume its source waves are HQ) and benefits from external EQ it does not have and so cannot save EQ per patch.. I could have used the Studio sets in Integra as a patch pair for creating EQ's set for GAIA (it has 64 to match GAIA patches) but I am better off sampling GAIA into my MV and building patches in there when I don't need the D50 ish or Bell high frequency sounds GAIA is good at...

@ big bad world... I hardly watch TV and don't have the Radio on at home or in the car, so it is easy to avoid the brain torture the global media inflect on humanity... :thu:

• Members

The old Yamaha module for example keeps their patterns and arps (6000+)... but adds nothing more...

This new Roland Integra dumps what little non tone stuff/extras the Jups had but then adds so much more in the way of new tones and studio friendly layout...
:thu:

I will be honest, I find myself tending to VA sounds, so this module is not needed for me, but I would love to own one (for that time when you just want to add that something extra)... I will have more fun turning ''Minimoog V Original'' sounds into patches on my MV8800 than I will trying to torture this module into making the sounds I truly love..

There is some VA overlap with my GAIA although it does sound different. The Integra SN VA does add some new tricks (internal PCM for the VA and super saw detune which is tricky to do on the GAIA but can actually be more creative as you are forced to manually mix detuned waves which can lead you to choosing different waves that you may not try in a machine with a simple one waves type detune nob for super saw only).

Integra only has one MFX (plus the global and surround) so now we know that those Integra MFXs are similar if not the same as a single Jup MFX (from the manual), it means we know we will not be able to create the same effects chains as the GAIA or the Jups... It will be different in sound for some patches it cannot match on the other machines... GAIA also tends towards high frequencies (I assume its source waves are HQ) and benefits from external EQ it does not have and so cannot save EQ per patch.. I could have used the Studio sets in Integra as a patch pair for creating EQ's set for GAIA (it has 64 to match GAIA patches) but I am better off sampling GAIA into my MV and building patches in there when I don't need the D50 ish or Bell high frequency sounds GAIA is good at...

@ big bad world... I hardly watch TV and don't have the Radio on at home or in the car, so it is easy to avoid the brain torture the global media inflect on humanity...
:thu:

Yeah. I'm also more into the synth side, but Integra is really tempting me as a really generous sound bank for the normal stuff and I like Super Naturals behavior. I find nothing wrong in integra(I mean, nothing that I care); on the contrary, now that it seems, that it also has XV-5080's rompler engine on top of everything, I'm getting really impatient, as I have longed for doing bad things to every day samples. Integra seems to be very well endowed for pleasing me very thoroughly for the price. And I also like how Gaia looks, and JP-Integras VA looks like its very same...shame about the effects though, but on the other hand, I also value the practicality of having all the sounds immediately sounding like they sound alone when sequencing.

@TV usage :thu:, I'm watching only educational children's television programs

with my kids (when I cook).

• Members

@ ''stock XV-5080 tones'' No I was discussing the PCM inside the SN VA synth.

Ah, yes, I missed that you said SN synth engine (and hadn't looked at the specific numbers).

The rest of what you wrote is consistent with what I wrote, so if there was some point you were trying to make there, I missed that as well. ;-)

But to try to clarify, I think this is the breakdown, based on the Integra voice list:

Always available (i.e. stored in directly accessible ROM, no need to load from slots):

* 256 SuperNATURAL Acoustic tones

* 1109 SuperNATURAL Synth tones (and I guess you were saying that 450 of these are PCM based)

* 26 SuperNATURAL drum kits (V-drums based)

* 896 PCM synth tones (this seems to be the 64 mb stock XV-5080 sound set)

* 14 PCM drum kits (also from the 5080)

* 256 GM2 sounds (also from the XV-5080; These are the GM2 sounds you get if you do NOT load the 4-slot HQ GM2 sound set.)

* 9 GM2 drum kits (ditto)

Then there is 256 mb of RAM (4 slots of effectively 64 mb each), into which you can load in any combination of four of the 12 SRX banks and 6 optional SN expansion banks; or the one HQ PCM bank.

• Members

As I understand it,
the sounds available with nothing loaded into the slots fall into 4 categories
: SuperNATURAL acoustic (modeled), SuperNATURAL synth (VA and digital synth emulation), SuperNATURAL drums (V-drums) and XV-5080 (traditional rompler PCM). Then into the slots, you can load extra banks of SN acoustic instruments, the virtual SRX cards (in a sense, completing the XV-5080 soundset), or the 4-slot GM2 soundset (which may be partially or entirely combining sounds from the various other places, to assemble a kind of "best of").

Sorry AnotherScott, I misread the bit in bold that I highlight above. :thu:

There is a HQ PCM not available until loaded... I am not sure where the ''XV-5080 (traditional rompler PCM)'' you mention fits in. If I ever figure that out I will let you know...

It is good to see that they appear to have the full SRX synth engine (apart from effects as the specs mentioned, MFX replacing SRX FX). It was the HQ PCM that are the presets that had me urging caution about what may be editable. So it does have preset but they are presets limited to the HQ PCM only. As I understand it, they are various classic Analog and Digital patches that should still be very usable and no reason the MFX and EQ cannot tweak a bit on those...

It is a lot of synth for sure... :thu:

Archived