Kurzweil found another way to package PC3!!!

Casio Man

• Members

The link says that it contains LE's effect chains, 4 zones... but the highlight is that the built-in presets are not fixed; this I conclude by the fact that it says that it accepts most PC3 and PC3LE sounds, most probably through included USB port (my conclusion).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dave Weiser View Post
It's real. I'm sitting in front of one.

Info will be posted on our website shortly.

Graded hammer action, PC3LE sounds (around 1000), more info soon!

Should be shipping very shortly - long before NAMM.

Dave Weiser
Kurzweil R&D
Dave - will this new SP5-8 have the same extra-springy action as the PC3LE does?

I love the sounds of the PC3/PC3LE machines but just can't get behind the extreme spring back on the keys. PC3K8 action is actually VERY nice but overall the 'board is just a bit heavy - I recently scaled down from a Yam. S90ES, wound up w/a Yam. MoX8, for the extreme lightness and good overall variety of sounds - - I took long hard looks/listens to the Kurz. PC3Kx & PC3LE series machines before the purchase, though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by GigMan View Post
Dave - will this new SP5-8 have the same extra-springy action as the PC3LE does?

I love the sounds of the PC3/PC3LE machines but just can't get behind the extreme spring back on the keys. PC3K8 action is actually VERY nice but overall the 'board is just a bit heavy - I recently scaled down from a Yam. S90ES, wound up w/a Yam. MoX8, for the extreme lightness and good overall variety of sounds - - I took long hard looks/listens to the Kurz. PC3Kx & PC3LE series machines before the purchase, though.
The "springy" action is on all of our 76 note boards and also on the PC3LE6.
The PC3K8 action (Fatar TP40L) is used in PC3K8, PC3x and PC3LE8. (not graded)

The SP5 action is a new hammer weighted graded action

We'll have a web page up for it soon.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Dave Weiser View Post
The "springy" action is on all of our 76 note boards and also on the PC3LE6.
The PC3K8 action (Fatar TP40L) is used in PC3K8, PC3x and PC3LE8. (not graded)

The SP5 action is a new hammer weighted graded action

We'll have a web page up for it soon.
Do you have dimensions and weight handy?

(The keyboard, not you, Dave. smile.gif )

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon

View Post

The reason is: Kurzweil decided what will be on the ROM based on feedback

I don't think that's it, because probably more than any other sound request at various forums, it seems the thing people most want from Kurz is an update to the piano. I think instead it's probably a matter of space. If you want a piano likely to be good enough to silence a decent percentage of the critics who have been complaining about the venerable but long-in-the-tooth triple strike (and also to be competitive with what's available elsewhere), it would have to have taken up an awful lot of the available 64 mb, leaving far less room for anything else. Heck, even the full 64 mb would be tight these days. And the last thing Kurz would want would be to finally release a new piano and have people go "eh."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon

View Post

guitars and percussion overruled new pianos.

Blargh, I must be the only player that leaves the guitar to the guitarists and percussion to the drummers...I know, I know different needs for different folks.

Archived