Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kurzweil found another way to package PC3!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just call me "The Thread Killer".
    "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

I'll get 'em for you on Monday when I'm back at the office.

Comment

So,any latest news on this interesting new product? It all seems to have gone quiet regarding the SP5-8.

Comment

Dave, any reason there's no new pianos on the new Kore64 expansion rom? Were there just too many requests for InfarctedScorb to fit it in this round?

Comment

The reason is: Kurzweil decided what will be on the ROM based on feedback from distributors (which, in turn, was gathered from users sending their wishes to distributors). Seems like guitars and percussion overruled new pianos.
            If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

looking forward to more info on this...see how it compares to Kurzweil PC3LE6 61 and a korg krome 61
              http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
                View Post

The reason is: Kurzweil decided what will be on the ROM based on feedback

I don't think that's it, because probably more than any other sound request at various forums, it seems the thing people most want from Kurz is an update to the piano. I think instead it's probably a matter of space. If you want a piano likely to be good enough to silence a decent percentage of the critics who have been complaining about the venerable but long-in-the-tooth triple strike (and also to be competitive with what's available elsewhere), it would have to have taken up an awful lot of the available 64 mb, leaving far less room for anything else. Heck, even the full 64 mb would be tight these days. And the last thing Kurz would want would be to finally release a new piano and have people go "eh."

Comment

View Post

guitars and percussion overruled new pianos.

Blargh, I must be the only player that leaves the guitar to the guitarists and percussion to the drummers...I know, I know different needs for different folks.

Comment

I'm with you Strenge. I know there are applications for 'extra' sounds. But it seems like keyboards are being marketed more and more towards that while basic bread and butter sounds a left behind. There aren't enough live players actually playing keyboard sounds anymore.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
                      View Post

looking forward to more info on this...see how it compares to Kurzweil PC3LE6 61 and a korg krome 61

Well, that's easy (regarding the PC3LE).

http://kurzweil.com/knowledgebase/sp...mparisons/311/
                      http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott
                        View Post

I don't think that's it, because probably more than any other sound request at various forums, it seems the thing people most want from Kurz is an update to the piano. I think instead it's probably a matter of space. If you want a piano likely to be good enough to silence a decent percentage of the critics who have been complaining about the venerable but long-in-the-tooth triple strike (and also to be competitive with what's available elsewhere), it would have to have taken up an awful lot of the available 64 mb, leaving far less room for anything else. Heck, even the full 64 mb would be tight these days. And the last thing Kurz would want would be to finally release a new piano and have people go "eh."

I violently agree.
                        "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Here's the official webpage: http://kurzweil.com/product/sp5-8/specs/

Comment

In addition to this... we'll have some very cool new products coming for NAMM in January.

Stay tuned...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott
                              View Post

I don't think that's it, because probably more than any other sound request at various forums, it seems the thing people most want from Kurz is an update to the piano.

Hey, that's what Dave Weiser told me. So that's how it seems to have turned out, whether you think it's true or not. All those people writing on forums obviously did not contact their distributors stressing their request that hard.
                              If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

View Post

Hey, that's what Dave Weiser told me. So that's how it seems to have turned out, whether you think it's true or not. All those people writing on forums obviously did not contact their distributors stressing their request that hard.

I'm not contradicting Dave, both can be true. I'm sure they were responding to requests, but that doesn't mean that's the ONLY criteria. There also had to be the consideration of how feasible it was. I don't think it would have been possible to have a really high quality piano in there, unless perhaps they were willing to have little to nothing else, that was my point. There are also things like cost issues and marketing issues (for example, if they put a 32 mb piano in there and threw out half the other samples, how much more or less marketable would it have been, considering it would have basically only half its current contents, and the piano, at 32 mb, while conceivably very nice, would still be pretty far from anyone's idea of current state of the art). Decision rarely come down to a single factor, and I doubt the ROM's contents were decided based on nothing but request popularity ranking.

Comment

Working...
                                X