Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kurzweil found another way to package PC3!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurzweil found another way to package PC3!!!

http://www.hs-online.com/hu/Szinpadi...SP58-5010.html

I hope it didn't eat too much resources from them.
    I am wanting, I am thinking
    To arise and go forth singing,
    Sing my songs and say my sayings,
    Hymns ancestral harmonizing,
    Lore of kindred lyricking.
    In my mouth the words are melting;
    Utterances overflowing
    To my tongue are hurrying,
    Even against my teeth they burst.

Looks like a really nice enhancement to the SP4. Full PC3LE soundset, aftertouch, sliders with drawbar functionality. With the right action, I think the unweighted version of this in a 25 pound sp4-7 style enclosure could be particularly appealing.

Comment

The link says that it contains LE's effect chains, 4 zones... but the highlight is that the built-in presets are not fixed; this I conclude by the fact that it says that it accepts most PC3 and PC3LE sounds, most probably through included USB port (my conclusion).

Comment

I wonder what it weighs? Weight is the only thing keeping me from Kurz stuff.

Comment

Oops

Here is a translated link instead:

http://translate.google.com/translat...SP58-5010.html
          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

That comparison is for the SP4, not the SP5...
            http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

It's real. I'm sitting in front of one.

Info will be posted on our website shortly.

Graded hammer action, PC3LE sounds (around 1000), more info soon!

Should be shipping very shortly - long before NAMM.

Dave Weiser

Kurzweil R&D

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man
                View Post

http://www.hs-online.com/hu/Szinpadi...SP58-5010.html

I hope it didn't eat too much resources from them.

It in fact did not eat up much in the way of R&D resources. We just wanted something to fill a gap between price-points and features in this range.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Weiser
                  View Post

It's real. I'm sitting in front of one.

Info will be posted on our website shortly.

Graded hammer action, PC3LE sounds (around 1000), more info soon!

Should be shipping very shortly - long before NAMM.

Dave Weiser

Kurzweil R&D

Dave - will this new SP5-8 have the same extra-springy action as the PC3LE does?

I love the sounds of the PC3/PC3LE machines but just can't get behind the extreme spring back on the keys. PC3K8 action is actually VERY nice but overall the 'board is just a bit heavy - I recently scaled down from a Yam. S90ES, wound up w/a Yam. MoX8, for the extreme lightness and good overall variety of sounds - - I took long hard looks/listens to the Kurz. PC3Kx & PC3LE series machines before the purchase, though.
                  "Gigito ergo sum: I gig, therefore I am."
                  Keys:
                  Sold: Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Le
                  Using: Yamaha MoX8 (bottom tier) & Korg M3 (top), or just Roland RD300GX (on small gigs)
                  Tried, returned: Korg M50, Roland Fantom G7
                  Mixers, Spkrs.:
                  Motion Sound KP200S & KP100S, (2) QSC K12's, (2) QSC K10's, (2) JBL EON15 G2's, Fender Rumble 100 (for Ibanez SR500 bass gtr.),
                  Alesis TransActive 50, Soundcraft MFXi8, Yamaha MG82cx, Mackie ProFX12, MS1202 & DFX6, [Samson PL1602 - For Sale]

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by GigMan
                    View Post

Dave - will this new SP5-8 have the same extra-springy action as the PC3LE does?

I love the sounds of the PC3/PC3LE machines but just can't get behind the extreme spring back on the keys. PC3K8 action is actually VERY nice but overall the 'board is just a bit heavy - I recently scaled down from a Yam. S90ES, wound up w/a Yam. MoX8, for the extreme lightness and good overall variety of sounds - - I took long hard looks/listens to the Kurz. PC3Kx & PC3LE series machines before the purchase, though.

The "springy" action is on all of our 76 note boards and also on the PC3LE6.

The PC3K8 action (Fatar TP40L) is used in PC3K8, PC3x and PC3LE8. (not graded)

The SP5 action is a new hammer weighted graded action

We'll have a web page up for it soon.

Comment

Always like to see the new Kurz stuff. I love my PC361 but have been thinking of looking into something with 88 keys and a good piano action to compliment it. This is intriguing.

Comment

Dave,

Any word on the release of the PC3 expansion ROM?
                        Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zoink
                          View Post

Dave,

Any word on the release of the PC3 expansion ROM?

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation from HQ, but they should be in transit at the moment.

Comment

View Post

I'm still waiting to hear confirmation from HQ, but they should be in transit at the moment.

Excellent!
                            Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

View Post

The "springy" action is on all of our 76 note boards and also on the PC3LE6.

The PC3K8 action (Fatar TP40L) is used in PC3K8, PC3x and PC3LE8. (not graded)

The SP5 action is a new hammer weighted graded action

We'll have a web page up for it soon.

Do you have dimensions and weight handy?

(The keyboard, not you, Dave. )
                              "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Working...
                              X