Wow, this place REALLY doesn't get the traffic it used to anymore...

NuSkoolTone

• Members

Stating the obvious, and I know the reasons for it but didn't realize how bad it was!

I posted on a topic yesterday and out of curiosity wanted to see if anyone followed up to my comments (No I didn't subscribe to the thread) and it's still only half-way down on the FIRST page with me as the last post almost a full day later! Years ago it would be pages and pages before even finding the thread, sometimes so bad I'd have to do a search.

Guess this place just never recovered from the mass exodus(es). facepalm.gif

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by wwwjd View Post
I don't know the reason... what did I miss?
As far as I can tell, the "forum upgrade" debacle of a year or two ago really cost this forum a lot of members.

One thing I've learned in business is that customers are creatures of habit. If they expect you to be 'open' and then one day (or week) you're simply not, they'll go elsewhere and many won't come back.

• Members

oh THAT. I remember that. It was definitely one of the poorest selections of software I had ever seen online. I do hope they got some of their money back from the snake oil sales demons that convinced them it was such a great upgrade. I'm in InfoTech and I would NEVER have sold that crap to anybody. Too bad members left. Maybe more will come. Things go in cycles.

• Members

The liberal infested political forums with daily ra ra chants for their chosen one doesn't help. That alone has made many of the conservative minded stay away. Of course that's probably the intent. It's good to see people actually discussing music and gear on here...wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NoRomoFan View Post
The liberal infested political forums with daily ra ra chants for their chosen one doesn't help. That alone has made many of the conservative minded stay away. Of course that's probably the intent. It's good to see people actually discussing music and gear on here...wink.gif

"Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged" - Ronald Reagan
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under"- Ronald Reagan
Oh, the irony.

• Members

you mean they made the equip reviews WORSE then they already were?? I stopped looking at them BEFORE the "upgrade" because they were not... well, not so good, but at least useable.
If posting abused looking women gets you banned..... maybe.... don't do it? Just an idea smile.gif

• Members

I used to post here, but became disillusioned with electronic music for a number of reasons: a mismatch of talent, the toy-like quality of today's gear, the non-immediacy of programming/sequencing, the lack of emphasis on performable music, the plague of DJs, etc. There are more rewarding hobbies out there.

Got rid of all keys gear except a PC3, a piano, and a custom-built organ console that I use with Hauptwerk. Currently learning BWV 552.

• Members

I'ts actually a bit of a good thing , becuase bullyings its waaaaay down, It's actually becomming
a much friendlier place . thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Yea its surprising that a topic will stick for more than a day now on the same page , Before that i would be like in page 3 or something.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NoRomoFan View Post

ba6b9503.jpg

Archived