Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music Proffesionals I need your advice on a little brat i that is a little genious.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clip sounds chaotic, hyper, and angry. With all sincerity, I'm wondering: Is he on some sort of medication for a behavioral disorder?

I'd be interested to hear more examples of his work, Minimoog. It's hard to tell from that example if he has potential -- taking into account that he's using an outdated computer with no keyboard controller.

But it is interesting that, based on your description of his behavior and personality, the traits you mentioned seem to come across in his music.
    Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Unless you have a long standing relationship with the kid-who's-now-legally-an-adult, I don't think you have much of a direct role.

That said, I would do what I could to encourage him to follow his passion in music. That clip didn't do much for me, but if nothing else, it's important for young adults to pursue something they care about and learn the importance of focusing on something and refining the craft of it. He almost certainly won't end up being the next Skrillex, but he'll at least have learned something about applying himself and focusing, traits that are often lost on the layabout generation.
      Todzilla
      HUGE sound generation & capture facility
      Eno River Basin

Comment

I was asking more in Term's of what todo in term's to maybe take
        clases or etc

He has like 100 of them, I have no acces to new ones this one's
        is like a little more than year old.

I have seen him make the lirycs melody of the Voice while recording not even thinking what he is going to sing or how the melody is going to go ..

that is all him on voice I think he was like 16 or just turned 17 when he did that song and allready was talking about some not so positive stuff

Well I think for some one that has no music education or background uses a 1.2 mhz celeron with 512 or less of ram , and Does the note parts with a PC keyboard
        and does not even has a soundcard connected to the Shure mic .... and just starting to mess with computer's i say that is preatty good.

P.S Don't go there much, but there was a time he was making does songs at 3 am at very loud levels (hes mom and neighbors not getting much sleep)
        Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !

Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1

Comment

I was asking more in Term's of what todo in term's to maybe take clases or etc

Is there any reason to believe he would apply himself in classes and consistently practice lessons? Their money might be better spent on therapy or family counseling. You painted a very grim picture of this kid.

BTW, if that last track, 'Me Encant

Comment

Does are old ones

Comment

Does are old ones

'Dingo Soy' was uploaded just a few weeks ago. Can't be that old unless he's only uploading old stuff. So it is the same person you've been talking about?

Comment

[QUOTE=Ghostpaw;46906721]Is there any reason to believe he would apply himself in classes and consistently practice lessons? Their money might be better spent on therapy or family counseling. You painted a very grim picture of this kid.

BTW, if that last track, 'Me Encant

Comment

O I Saw it you took it from Hes soundcloud. he was probably using google translator for that.

Comment

Whoops, posted early by mistake. Anyhoo, your young friend has created an amazing, thoughtful collage..... of ****************. I say this with 100% honesty: it sounds like a teenage kid who is messing around with a cracked copy of FL.

I assume we ain't trolling here, but the second clip was better than the first, the Soundcloud is not as bad. The only problem is that it sounds pretty much like everybody on the radio these days, with the plug-in sound and simplistic beat loop structure. Actually less than radio, because most club-pop does provide a chorus or some other jump up thing, and most hip hop tunes that aren't throwaways offer contrasts in their beats that are lacking here. The hip-hop is not bad for amateur hip-hop though.
                    What I make with way too many blinky light modular items, plugins, and an Alesis Andromeda.
                    Forbidden Star: home studio / melodic ambient / New Age / the deep zone
                    Boney Fiend: the band, man / punk / garage / beer

Comment

Well my point that he almost uses a commodore 64 to make music and does not even know the Note "c".

Rebel at heart what do you do to better focus hes energy ? Experts you answer here:_______________________________

Comment

I assume we ain't trolling here, but the second clip was better than the first, the Soundcloud is not as bad. The only problem is that it sounds pretty much like everybody on the radio these days, with the plug-in sound and simplistic beat loop structure. Actually less than radio, because most club-pop does provide a chorus or some other jump up thing, and most hip hop tunes that aren't throwaways offer contrasts in their beats that are lacking here. The hip-hop is not bad for amateur hip-hop though.

Yea even i know that's wrong

Comment

I assume we ain't trolling here, but the second clip was better than the first, .

I could be wrong but I don't think they were done by the same person. The second one is fine, it's in a completely different league than the first.

Well my point that he almost uses a commodore 64 to make music and does not even know the Note "c".

Dude, it's a 1.2 ghz with 512mb RAM. There were major league albums done on stuff like that. Those specs would kill any ADAT-type $20K studio in the 90s. I have no idea why you keep bringing that up, you're acting like it was a Tascam PortaStudio.
                          TAAKADO= The Artist Also Known As Dutch Ovenz

Comment

Yea even i know that's wrong

I'm far from a #1 expert in hip-hop, but at least I know people who have made it and DJed it, so my take from that perspective.

The note "C" is not important in hip-hop. Hip-hop is a music form that is great for amateurs because you don't need to know music to make something quite listenable. You just loop a beat and some samples and rhyme over it. That part can be pretty easy to be honest, so a lot of the skill in hip hop ends up being both *what* you say and *how* you say it. I don't speak Spanish, so I can't tell if what the guy was saying was anything special. But the flow wasn't bad to me. (Nothing awesome, but nothing like the terrible stuff you sometimes see passed around on the Youtubes.)

The note "C" and other elements of music are actually starting to be important in today's merged hip-hop / club music. So if that kid actually aspires to be the next David Guetta, based on that techno track attempt, he has a long, long way to go.
                            What I make with way too many blinky light modular items, plugins, and an Alesis Andromeda.
                            Forbidden Star: home studio / melodic ambient / New Age / the deep zone
                            Boney Fiend: the band, man / punk / garage / beer

Comment

The note "C" is not important in hip-hop. Hip-hop is a music form that is great for amateurs because you don't need to know music to make something quite listenable. You just loop a beat and some samples and rhyme over it. .

Even classical music isn't that difficult when one considers how many people can play it at a reasonably well level, and that's something that takes years of practice and education.
                              TAAKADO= The Artist Also Known As Dutch Ovenz

Comment

Cygnus64 same person, I have seen him do lots of songs he always wants me to help him. BTW I forgot to mention he has some terrible not even monitors there
                                PC speakers .. we could never hear something ok with does ..

Comment

Working...
                                X