Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music Proffesionals I need your advice on a little brat i that is a little genious.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you want to help your friend and the 18-year-old, try to figure out what the issues are with him and his mom and get him to see the pain he's causing her ... It may not work right away but you could start the process ...
    NEW ALBUM RELEASE ... THE END OF TECHNOLOGY ...

http://electrocabaret.bandcamp.com/releases ... Introspective future/retro pop dealing with themes of authoritarianism, apocalypse and alcohol ...

Featuring "Hot Mess," "Hateful Little Rapper," "Ladio GaGa" and "Somewhere in Time."

Comment

Tell him to get a job and go to scholl.

I went to scholl wunce.

WUNCE.
      Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell...

Comment

What do you do with a Kid like that?

Make him get a job, go to school, enlist in the Military, or move out?

Comment

The military doesn't need people like that. Most likely they'll spit him out after a few weeks if he couldn't shake the attitude.

Comment

But if anyone can convince him to shake the attitude... the military can.
            Do daemons dream of electric sleep()?

Comment

But if anyone can convince him to shake the attitude... the military can.

Nothing like killing innocent people to bring an attitude around.

Comment

By all means. Don't stop there. Please explain your point of view. Or was that just an attempt to troll for attention?

Comment

By all means. Don't stop there. Please explain your point of view. Or was that just an attempt to troll for attention?

It wasn't a troll at all. I just can't get behind the notion of someone joining the military for an attitude adjustment. There are quite a few presuppositions there. Perhaps that statement should be explained.

Comment

Your response insinuates:
                    joining the military=killing innocent people

What did I miss or get incorrect?

Comment

Okay.

Your response insinuates:
                      joining the military=killing innocent people

What did I miss or get incorrect?

Well, I'm not sure that this is an argument that we should be having here. Perhaps, putting it in very general terms - if you believe that the military instills a good attitude in people, then I think it's also relevant to consider what the military actually does, and whether there are dangers, etc. One could also comment that getting killed would certainly force an attitude adjustment. do you believe that only the United States military has this positive effect on people? Or does any military? If the latter, then the same advice could have been given anywhere, for any military.

the more directly political argument, about what the United States military is actually doing in the world - well, I'd be glad to get into that discussion, but I think that the days where that kind of discussion is tolerated here have passed. I do think though that suggesting that someone join the military is just as political as questioning that advice.

Comment

I do think though that suggesting that someone join the military is just as political as questioning that advice.

That's a fair comparison and I can see why you responded the way you did. I apologize for my response. The door was already open before you posted.

Comment

So, clearly, the way to attract Drool's attention is to NOT talk about synths. Hi, Droolers! Welcome to this thread.

On topic: The kid sounds like a spoiled mess and probably needs a serious dose of Real World. Here, let me shake my old man fist for ya.
                          Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

Yeah, I'm still waiting on hearing clips of the genius.
                            http://soundcloud.com/donchesson

Comment

So, clearly, the way to attract Drool's attention is to NOT talk about synths. Hi, Droolers! Welcome to this thread.

Well....

there is very little talk here about synths and music that I find interesting. I'm sorry for that. Obviously you'd rather I'd leave. Unfortunately I haven't totally given up yet.

Comment

I've known a few REALLY TALENTED people who lacked the discipline to do anything real with it. It IS a shame, but that is too bad, and not worth wasting my time on. Now, I learn to recognize the self defeating traits and avoid them from the start.

If this were me, I would admit to him I was impressed with what he is doing, but the rest of the package is what is missing. Dicipline, stamina, professionalism, direction.... good luck on life.

What good is the world's greatest race car driver if he never enters any races? So... he's turned a few amazing laps... is he REALLY a race car driver if he never races? I say, "Nope."

Sometimes talent IS wasted.

Comment

Working...
                                X