Alesis Vortex (ship date) and pre-order sales vs. Roland AX-09 and AX-Synth sales

McHale

• Members

So I called Sweetwater yesterday. The ship date I was given was October 29th. I hadn't told him I pre-ordered it and he said that if I ordered it today, there's a long list of people that have pre-ordered so it would probably be "a little" later than that. So I asked him how many have been pre-ordered. After typing for a minute or so he said he couldn't tell me the actual numbers but he said there are more pre-order sales for the Vortex than TOTAL SALES TO DATE of the AX-SYNTH and AX-09 combined.

LOL @ Roland's constant failing.

Hopefully Roland will get the message and offer a straight up keytar again like the AX-7 but at a realistic competitive price (which they aren't ever known for).

Looks like Alesis has a hit on it's hands. Good for them and good for us, the consumer.

-Mc

• Members

Hopefully Roland will get the message and offer a straight up keytar again like the AX-7 but at a realistic competitive price

The original Roland Axis was their best ever keytar. Much more usable pitch and mod controls than their later models, and aftertouch besides. I only wish it had the patch selection buttons of the AX-1 (best of any keytar I've seen), and the battery compartment and standard MIDI jack so you could go wireless with it.

• Members

The original Roland Axis was their best ever keytar. Much more usable pitch and mod controls than their later models, and aftertouch besides. I only wish it had the patch selection buttons of the AX-1 (best of any keytar I've seen), and the battery compartment and standard MIDI jack so you could go wireless with it.

Ironically, I thought that too though I only got to play one a few times. There are a few things on the Alesis I wish were different but for the price, it's impossible to complain. Plus, I've never gotten my hands on one so maybe after playing it, those things could end up being positives. They obviously put a LOT of thought into it and I'm sure everything was done for a reason.

Archived