Malware detected on KSS forums?

k2500x

• Members

Every time I try to access KSS, Chrome is suddenly reporting "malware detected". And I'm advised to not proceed to the boards.

Is anyone else getting this message? No other websites are causing Chrome to report this message for me...

• Members

It's discussed in two or three threads in the Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage forum. Anderton and O'Keefe say it's nothing to worry about:

Someone probably linked or hotlinked to another site, and that site is hosting something less than kosher. Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

I've reported this to IT and we're definitely working on it. If you happen to run across any links to, or hotlinked images that are hosted on amp*ge.org, please note the thread link and post number and send it to me in a PM and I'll take care of it. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

Thanks!

Oh, and if you'd like to see screen shots of the reports (showing that HC isn't the source of the problem), you can view them in

• Members

It's discussed in two or three threads in the
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage
forum. Anderton and O'Keefe say it's nothing to worry about:

well, ok, but I don't read those other forums. It seems to me that since it's being discussed here, that there should have been some official mention of it here - whether from 'higher ups' or moderators of this forum. More evidence that this forum is on the way out.

• Members

I haven't mentioned anything because nothing was mentioned to us directly. Posts in the mod forum have gone unanswered, and there's been no communication that *I'm* aware of to the various mods. All I do know is that my own computer running Chrome is complaining just like everyone else here says.

I'm not impressed.

• Members

Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

If that were the case, then Google would not continue to warn people. Just put in acapella.harmony-central in your Google machine:

Oz357.png

• Members

well, ok, but I don't read those other forums. It seems to me that since it's being discussed here, that there should have been some official mention of it here - whether from 'higher ups' or moderators of this forum. More evidence that this forum is on the way out.

If this forum "is on the way out", why are you still frequenting it instead of moving on to greener pastures? Oooh, sorry, I forgot - it's one of the few synth forums left from which you have not banned permanently (thanks to the goodness of heart of another mod here).

KSS is alive and well, thank you. Compare it with analog kid's ANALOGIA, your favorite forum in which you spewed serious, malevolent hatred against many KSS members in the past - which has been out for a while.

• Members

If this forum "is on the way out", why are you still frequenting it? Oooh, sorry, I forgot - it's one of the few synth forums left from which you have not banned permanently (thanks to the goodness of heart of another mod here).

KSS is alive and well, thank you. Compare it with analog kid's ANALOGIA, your favorite forum in which you spewed serious, malevolent hatred against me and several other KSS members in the past - which
HAS BEEN OUT
for a while now.

Contribute to this forum with pertinent threads, you're a modular guy, contribute to the modular thread - instead of spewing your usual negativism everywhere you go. And I'll leave it at that because my blood pressure is already rising.

+1

Archived