X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware detected on KSS forums?

Every time I try to access KSS, Chrome is suddenly reporting "malware detected". And I'm advised to not proceed to the boards.

Is anyone else getting this message? No other websites are causing Chrome to report this message for me...

Yes. I've just been ignoring it. I'm sure the issue is somewhere in the guitar threads.

Comment

Also detected. Ignoring didn't do any harm.

Comment

Yep, been ignoring and no issues.
        '57 Hammond B3; '69 Hammond Porta-B; Hammond XM2/XMc2; '68 Leslie 122; Motion Sound Low Pro/Pro 3T; Neo Vent; Kurzweil PC3; Generalmusic Equinox 88 Pro and 76; Voce V5+; EV ELX112P; '67 Howard Combo Organ; http://www.dyinbreedband.webs.com

Comment

Such daring excitment to raise the membership... LOL
          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

Comment

How is it possible that there is no official response to this by now?

Comment

It's discussed in two or three threads in the Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage forum. Anderton and O'Keefe say it's nothing to worry about:

Someone probably linked or hotlinked to another site, and that site is hosting something less than kosher. Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

I've reported this to IT and we're definitely working on it. If you happen to run across any links to, or hotlinked images that are hosted on amp*ge.org, please note the thread link and post number and send it to me in a PM and I'll take care of it. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

Thanks!

Oh, and if you'd like to see screen shots of the reports (showing that HC isn't the source of the problem), you can view them in this thread.
              ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

It's discussed in two or three threads in the Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage forum. Anderton and O'Keefe say it's nothing to worry about:

well, ok, but I don't read those other forums. It seems to me that since it's being discussed here, that there should have been some official mention of it here - whether from 'higher ups' or moderators of this forum. More evidence that this forum is on the way out.

Comment

I usually don't read them either, but I've found the Craig thread to be the usual place for overall news concerning HCC issues. I agree that a sticky announcement atop all the forums would have been nice.
                  ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

I haven't mentioned anything because nothing was mentioned to us directly. Posts in the mod forum have gone unanswered, and there's been no communication that *I'm* aware of to the various mods. All I do know is that my own computer running Chrome is complaining just like everyone else here says.

I'm not impressed.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right">Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.</div></div>

Comment

I'm not getting any warning on IE9.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell...</font></div>

Comment

I guess I'd rather get a false warning than miss a real one.
                        ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

Here's a debugging problem.

GOOGLE:
                          HC will kill you.

HC is clean and so is the source of death.

DO NOT ENTER

OR NOT

return:
                          Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">
                          <div class="bbcode_container">
                          <div class="bbcode_quote">
                          <div class="quote_container">
                          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

Write Something...

Comment

Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

If that were the case, then Google would not continue to warn people. Just put in acapella.harmony-central in your Google machine:

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="https://twitter.com/ArtScienceSound/status/208313686459293697" target="_blank"><font color="blue">&quot;I remember when dubstep was just called &quot;LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth&quot; in the '60s&quot; - Alan Parsons</font></a><br />
                            <br />
                            <font size="1">Kurzweil PC3<font size="2">♦</font></font><font size="1">Alesis Fusion 6HD</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QS7.1 (2)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QSR</font>♦<font size="1"> Alesis S4+</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis DMPRO</font>♦<font size="1">Evolution MK-461C</font>♦<font size="1">Rhodes Mark II Stage 73</font>♦<font size="1">Roland JX-8P</font>♦<font size="1">Kawai K1 &amp; K1m</font>♦<br />
                            <font size="1"> <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            <br />
                            </font></div>

Comment

Unclean! Unclean!
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
                              <b>Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you! </b><br />
                              <br />
                              <a href="http://www.computermusicguide.com" target="_blank">Computer Music Guide</a><br />
                              <br />
                              </font></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X