So what do you think?

Metrosonus

• Members

I guess you can say i'm doing some market research here, but I'm going to be done with gradschool in summer next year ({censored} YES) and a project I've had on the back burner forever has been to setup a shoutcast station for unsigned and original electronic music.

The way it would work is you send me your mp3s (snail mail or email) and I load em and the computer plays em. Then of course the link and playlist would be hosted on my blog.

As we were just talking about how boring things are, I want to give people an outlet that they wouldn't otherwise have for this kind of thing.

While our community spans several forums and a few unassociated people on youtube and such, the community really isn't that large and i would hope that maybe something like this would pull it together.

But I'm just testing the waters here, so what do you think?

• Members

it'd be a tune in and listen thing.

the good news is, it will be listed with shoutcast, which in turn is then listed on the shoutcast client programs. So say if you're using tunein or something like that, you just type in the name.

I thought it'd be fun to start podcasting and i could throw those on there too.

• Members

something ive always wanted to hear would be a "synth news" podcast - recapping product releases/announcements for a set period with some commentary, maybe a synth demo with voiceover from the demoing artist, some cool news - like synth noises spread throughout. a few contributors, each with their own area of expertise. sort of the audio equivalent of matrixsynth or sonicstate tv.

there are lots of times where im driving, in the shower etc and listen to the excellent 'waveform city' podcasts. id love something more inclusive!

• Members

in fact, the more i brainstorm about this idea, the more i think id like to do this. plenty of voiceover editing experience and an obsession with news of all sorts, i know a few people, i could take something like this on as a monthly thing perhaps. i shall perhaps brainstorm some more!

• Members

All that would be required is to send me an MP3 and I could que it. in theory, anyone that wanted to could have a show. Just have to work out a programming schedule etc.

Eventually, as i would collect music in various genres, i'd probably work out a show schedule. Or, if the load isn't too bad, I can run multiple streams from one server: ambient, experimental, Live PA, podcasts etc.

I know you can do on demand streaming podcasts over shoutcast too. So I'd have to look into that. I think that may work better than having a schedule for those, but some people may like a radio station format, so I guess it depends on demand.

so yes, by all means, tell your friends and see what they'd think too!

Archived