Rig Advice Needed

Todzilla

• Members

Goals for my Live Keyboard Rig:

I didn't want the Mackie board in this rig, but the signal from the Focusrite was too week to adequately drive the Yorkville. Is there some super minimalist stereo signal boost that will do that (a headphone amp even?) in a far smaller package? Keep in mind the boost part of the signal path with be for my monitoring only. It is past the DI box, so it won't affect house sound.

Otherwise, I love this rig! It does everything I need without straining my middle aged back. I even play guitar through the Komplete amp simulators, and I leave my tube amps at home.

THanks

• Members

Is there some super minimalist stereo signal boost that will do that (a headphone amp even?) in a far smaller package?

If nothing else, you could replace the Mackie 1202 with their tiny 402-VLZ3.

(If you didn't need it to be stereo, you might even just be able to use the mic input instead of the line input on the Yorkville...)

• Members

Have you tried coming out of the Sapphire headphone jack to the Yorkville (with a suitable cable?) The level should be a lot hotter. You should be able to mix the left and right channel outputs from the headphone on the Yorkville directly.

I haven't tried that, but thanks for the suggestion. Any reason to think the fidelity would be worse, given the main outs are for studio monitoring?

• Members

Im confused. Are you running your Mackie thru your interface and then to the Yorkville? IMO, you should have your Focusrite going into your Mackie, then into your Speaker system. Even at -10dB, the Mackie can adequately gainstage the output of the Focusrite ( however the Focusrite does deliver line-level). The Yorkville was designed to receive a line-level voltage from a mixer, and the 1202 is balanced.

Archived