Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to nail a CP-70/80 for cheap. Sound modules? I have a controller already.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when guitar players would come in here with a budget of at least 300 dollars? Good times.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Um, good one?

Comment

get the pcp bro

the erm pcp-80 by prominy . . . see !!? http://www.prominy.com/elec.htm

I will now go back to the closet and claw these cockroaches off my arms

Comment

Anyways not like you need to know what a CP-80 sounds like but this is an approximation of what I'm looking for. I don't need warm tonez

Comment

Anyways not like you need to know what a CP-80 sounds like but this is an approximation of what I'm looking for. I don't need warm tonez

Then I could recommend you something like Yamaha P50m. They usually goes for almost nothing. Good demo of it's CP sound:

"I'm totally opposed to all these expensive bull**************** computers (sequencers). They can do whatever you want but not in the time you want. People have lost the essence of time. One said to me: 'With this new computer I can create something in one or two minutes'. This is an eternity. I can do that in a split second. But the split second doesn't come into account because the previous computer could do it in 10 minutes - so for them, 10 minutes to two minutes is really great progress!" - Vangelis

Comment

was going to recommend P50m too

Comment

P50m looks great! Now I just need to find one, looks like that might be a journey all on its own. Also I downloaded those sound font samples and they kick ass! Kudos to who put those up.

Comment

How about a GEM RP-X? It has a very usable CP80 patch not to mention some other very fine sounds. Here is a link to the RP-X audio demo page, (the CP-80 demo tune leaves a lot to be desired, but you can get an idea of the sound anyway)

RP-X Audio Demos

I was hoping for around $300.00 for mine but if interested, we could talk.

P.S. please forgive the attempt at selling something in this way, but it really may do just what you need and some.

Comment

Might be a little outside of my price range but if things change ill shoot you a PM! Thanks for the tip!

I also wanted to inquire about the kurzweil micropiano for CP80 sounds as well, anyone have info on that?

Comment

I also wanted to inquire about the kurzweil micropiano for CP80 sounds as well, anyone have info on that?

Bumping this question!

Comment

Working...
                      X