NEW Yamaha Motif MX49/61

MuzikB

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by piano39 View Post
Hey! What's wrong with the Motif sequencer?
I think it's great.
When you can't just hit record and immediately be recording MIDI, it's convoluted. One of the best sounds PCM synths of all time with a WTF sequencer. Nobody I know ever uses the internal sequencer and it is a top selling board with killer realistic sounds.

• Members

When you can't just hit record and immediately be recording MIDI, it's convoluted. One of the best sounds PCM synths of all time with a WTF sequencer. Nobody I know ever uses the internal sequencer and it is a top selling board with killer realistic sounds.

I'm not following you. One of the reasons that I like the Motif is because recording on the sequencer is so instantaneous. Maybe you are referring to the ES and older models where they made you jump through hoops to copy voice and performance parameters to the sequencer? On the XS and XF, you just hit record and go.

• Members

I use the sequencer all the time, but I agree it's not a one button push setup. The XS and XF did speed up recording performances, but setting up a pattern or song from scratch still requires a bit of poking about. After 8 years that it's second nature to me now, but I remember it took me a few months to get my head around the sequencer.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Fulton View Post
I use the sequencer all the time, but I agree it's not a one button push setup. The XS and XF did speed up recording performances, but setting up a pattern or song from scratch still requires a bit of poking about. After 8 years that it's second nature to me now, but I remember it took me a few months to get my head around the sequencer.
I don't like fiddling around when I just want to get down. I've been at the Yamaha boys since selling my Motifs to make a synth with all the sounds but no sequencer and more performance controls.

Roland ended up making this synth in the Jupiter-80. Only, they made it too big. icon_lol.gif

Archived