No announcement yet.

NEW Yamaha Motif MX49/61

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Yamaha Motif MX49/61

I thought that Yamaha finally released a Motif with out that convoluted sequencer but I may be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuV7KU0fL94
    Studio One 3, Ableton Live 9, a StudioLive 16.0.2, HS 80M monitors, 2 ATH M50 headphones, Synths both hardware and software, and a DJ rig using turntables.

More here
    My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Yeah, I missed the other thread.
      Studio One 3, Ableton Live 9, a StudioLive 16.0.2, HS 80M monitors, 2 ATH M50 headphones, Synths both hardware and software, and a DJ rig using turntables.

Comment

I thought that Yamaha finally released a Motif with out that convoluted sequencer but I may be wrong.

Hey! What's wrong with the Motif sequencer?

I think it's great.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by piano39
          View Post

Hey! What's wrong with the Motif sequencer?

I think it's great.

When you can't just hit record and immediately be recording MIDI, it's convoluted. One of the best sounds PCM synths of all time with a WTF sequencer. Nobody I know ever uses the internal sequencer and it is a top selling board with killer realistic sounds.

Comment

When you can't just hit record and immediately be recording MIDI, it's convoluted. One of the best sounds PCM synths of all time with a WTF sequencer. Nobody I know ever uses the internal sequencer and it is a top selling board with killer realistic sounds.

I'm not following you. One of the reasons that I like the Motif is because recording on the sequencer is so instantaneous. Maybe you are referring to the ES and older models where they made you jump through hoops to copy voice and performance parameters to the sequencer? On the XS and XF, you just hit record and go.

Comment

I use the sequencer all the time, but I agree it's not a one button push setup. The XS and XF did speed up recording performances, but setting up a pattern or song from scratch still requires a bit of poking about. After 8 years that it's second nature to me now, but I remember it took me a few months to get my head around the sequencer.
              My VCAs go to 11

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Fulton
                View Post

I use the sequencer all the time, but I agree it's not a one button push setup. The XS and XF did speed up recording performances, but setting up a pattern or song from scratch still requires a bit of poking about. After 8 years that it's second nature to me now, but I remember it took me a few months to get my head around the sequencer.

I don't like fiddling around when I just want to get down. I've been at the Yamaha boys since selling my Motifs to make a synth with all the sounds but no sequencer and more performance controls.

Roland ended up making this synth in the Jupiter-80. Only, they made it too big.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MuzikB
                  View Post

Roland ended up making this synth in the Jupiter-80. Only, they made it too big.

Luckily, then they made the Jupiter 50!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott
                    View Post

and the integra 7
                    http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherScott
                      View Post

Still too big and it really needs an iPad for which Roland provided no integrated stand for.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
                        View Post

and the integra 7

Their only real winner in several years.

Comment

Working...
                        X