shutting down the forum?

wwwjd

• Members

might as well as crappy as it runs lately. HALF the time it isn't loading (yes, my network is fine), other times loads slow.... maybe it is a bandwidth money looser for the owning company so they have throttled it back. Guess I will surf less here, as many have done before me. Shame.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Purity_Control

View Post

Do you think it will work better if we bring the bondage girlies back? tongue.gif

I sincerely believe this is the whole problem. The program responded well to those gals and as a result everyone enjoyed speed.. You need to get back to work and add leaves to ensure compliance or we are all doomed.. LOL

• Members

I just received and completed an email survey from Musician's Friend concerning music forums and Harmony Central in particular. The survey questions were interesting. I tried to give honest and informative answers. Some of the questions addressed why I don't post at Guitar Center or Musician's Friend forums and why I like HC. There were lists of questions involving whether or not I care if there is a commercial company that owns or has influence on the forums. I am not going to state my answers so that they will not cloud anyone else's answers, but if you do get the survey I hope that you complete it.

I am not sure if this is relevant to the question of why HC has become extremely doggy lately. It seems to be getting faster again though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
I was reading about the weird Characters (?) we are seeing top left... Suspect some new forum software has been loaded causing the issues we have been having.
wave.gif
{Geek} That's the byte order marking for UTF-8 files (The Unicode standards' fancy way of saying "normal ASCII text".)

The standard spec includes a reference to an optional "byte order mark" (format identifier) you can put at the beginning of the file. Which causes all sorts of lulz when you send a UTF-8 encoded file with the BOM to the many programs and systems that can't handle it. The byte order mark isn't normally recommended, because it totally destroys the backward compatibility of the file with ASCII, which naturally means Microsoft uses the byte order mark by default. icon_lol.giffacepalm.gif

The topic review feature right now is so zen.

topicreview.jpg

Archived