Korg Microsampler vs. Roland SP555 vs. Electribe ESX1SD

T. Alan Smith

• Members

Hi. I've searched and not found anything re. a comparison between these. Basically, I do live looping on electric bass guitar with a Boomerang III looper pedal. I'm looking for something I can drop audio from my iPhone into, edit the audio into loops and create arrangements that I can sync to my looper pedal. While simplicity is a must, the more tools to gloss things up, the better. biggrin.gif But I always thought an MPC style unit would be right up my alley(I come from an Ensoniq EPS background from back in the day).
So, any input is appreciated. Thanks...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Fulton View Post
What sort of MIDI clock sync does Boomerang III support?

ESX1SD sampling is set up more for drum hits, not audio looping. Skip that one.

Consider Roland SP404 as well as the 555.
Thanks a bunch for the feedback. So far, the MIDI sync is still in beta testing. But in the meantime, I'd like to have down whatever I end up with MPC-wise. I watched a ton of vids online after work last night on the 555. It looks great, and I love the straight-ahead features like the analog input and D beam, etc. The only thing, so far, I'm not clear on is if it allows the user to chain loops in a sequence/pattern(?) like the Microsampler...and If I could store several to be able to call complete "songs" up during a live performance.

Archived