If Apple made a piano...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they made an iPiano, millions of hipsters would automatically think they are the best and the smartest musicians anywhere and would claim any other keyboard instrument stole from Apple.

AND IT WOULD SUCK. And we'd be stuck with this {censored} on the radio 24/7:

But since Steve Jobs is dead, it won't happen. All vision and major stealing died along with Steve.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by McHale

View Post

But since Steve Jobs is dead, it won't happen. All vision and major stealing died along with Steve.

Not so fast. My wife works for a cell phone company and she brought home a small tablet, about 4" x 6" a few months ago. Yesterday I heard on TV, that Apple is coming out with an IPad mini.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RetroVintageOld View Post
It's not as stupid as it sounds. I never would have thought they would have made a phone.

So if Apple made a digital piano/synth, what would it be like? Good or bad.

Kidding aside, I wish they actually would make a synth/workstation.

Imagine a 49 key keyboard that folds out in thirds, and the center portion also has a laptop flip-up screen and computer keys built in. Quad core processor, brushed aluminum with white or black accents, touch pad (or touch screen), running OSX and Logic. Basically a MacBook Pro with an integrated tri-fold keybed and good software.

When folded up, the entire thing could fit into a laptop briefcase -- about the thickness of two laptops.

I'd pay 3 grand for that, especially if they gave it a good audio interface, balanced/unbalanced ins, and lots of USB ports, etc. It would be what Open Labs and Music Computing tried to make, but with a sleeker build, more portability, and better dedicated software.

They could even release an optional panel expansion (also laptop sized, and thin) that plugs in via USB with lots of extra knobs, sliders, drum pads, and an XY pad. Something like all three NanoKorg units in one panel, with pre-programmed templates for Logic and other popular VSTs/AUs.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by boomboomdrums View Post
Not so fast. My wife works for a cell phone company and she brought home a small tablet, about 4" x 6" a few months ago. Yesterday I heard on TV, that Apple is coming out with an IPad mini.
Actually, this was discussed when Steve was still alive. He hated the idea. - http://www.policymic.com/articles/11...ever-wanted-it

So now they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. They will soon run out of even bad ideas and without Steve to "visualize" (steal already existing ideas from other companies), it's is believed that Apple will start to fall. IMHO, it can't come soon enough.

-Mc

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by McHale View Post
If they made an iPiano, millions of hipsters would automatically think they are the best and the smartest musicians anywhere and would claim any other keyboard instrument stole from Apple.

AND IT WOULD SUCK. And we'd be stuck with this {censored} on the radio 24/7:

Wow, they made the {censored}ing Black Eyed Peas sound good. I thought that was impossible. Mazel Tov!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomdrums

View Post

To be fair, the iPad mini has been in the works for a while. I think Apple has timed their product release dates according to a well-planned strategy. Jobs might be gone, but companies like Apple tend to develop a "DNA" that lasts. Our last CEO used to use the word "3M antibodies" when he found himself at odds with the established DNA. This is sort of humorous, but it is also the sort of culture that prevents companies from driving off cliffs and makes them a good investment for long-term "value" investors. I think that Apple is in an interesting and difficult spot right now. It broke the curve in terms of growth - pretty much at a rate considered unsustainable in the long term. The question in my mind is whether they can continue to deliver products that keep the company's value going. I honestly hope so.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gribs

View Post

Bernard I showed my wife the photo above and asked her "do you know who that is?" and she guessed "Captain Kirk?" The Captain Kirk avatar wins over young Steve!

As I look more like my Av than young Steve, I can confirm your wife has impeccable taste... LOL

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BonsoWonderDog

View Post

I'm far from an Apple fanboi, but why would you want a successful company to fail? Surely the American economy needs growth and success, not failure?

Failure is important to ensure a strong economy... I am not joking... And, not talking about Apple ;-)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BonsoWonderDog View Post
I'm far from an Apple fanboi, but why would you want a successful company to fail? Surely the American economy needs growth and success, not failure?
1. They are the WORST American company currently in existence. ALL of their manufacturing is where? Oh yah, China made by underpaid children (and adults too...).
2. Though they have more money than our government or ANY company in the US, they make huge demands for VERY huge tax breaks before they will open a new branch of facility... because they need it obviously.
3. The vast majority of their good ideas were stolen by the biggest corporate douchebag in the tech world. Then they have the balls to proclaim they were THEIR ideas and sue those they stole the ideas from.
4. I've supported PC's for a living for many, many years and the Apple "enthusiasts" consider themselves better and smarter than anyone else... and they are usually the most clueless.
5. I could go on but I'm good enough with 1 thru 4.

Archived