DO NOT STEP ON GREECE

OPEN OCEAN

• Members

The music sounds a bit like The Terminator. I quite like it!

But surely if people stop "stepping on" Greece it means they will stop giving Greece money and it will go bankrupt. Greece needs to start producing wealth of its own and start making things. ?? ?????? ???? ??? ??????? ????? ?????????? ??? ??????????? ?????????...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BonsoWonderDog View Post
Well done. Out of interest, who is stepping on Greece?

One small point - at the very beginning the caption should be we are "in crisis" not "on crisis".
My extremely limited understanding is that there is antipathy from other EU countries such as Germany concerning unchecked corruption and economic bailout. This is based on Facebook posts from a good friend who is a US citizen but lives and works in Germany, is fluent in German, etc.

• Members

I've played in Greece 3 times and absolutely love it. Hania, in Crete, is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. But they need more than shipbuilding and tourism. And they should never have been offered, or should have accepted, the change to the Euro. At least with the Drachma they could control their own currency even if it meant high inflation.

Greece should leave the Euro, go back to the Drachma, and embark on a massive infrastructure stimulus to put people back to work rebuilding their crumbling country. I would also recommend them finding ways to make tourism to Greece as cheap as possible. I'm talking about subsidizing Greek cruise liners to get people there and back cheaper, because it's very expensive and keeps a lot of people from going and spending a lot of money there.

Archived