Concerning The Upcoming Black Friday

greatar4

• Members

My pastor and I are working on buying a keyboard for the Church. The keyboard we were interested in was the Yamaha Motif XF7, but we come short as far as getting enough money is concerned. We had to proceed with plan B which is going after the Yamaha MOX8, but someone suggests us to wait until the upcoming Black Friday next month. So, that we can get a better deal.

My question is have you every buy a keyboard in that particular date? How much discount can We expect? Although, I doubt that the discount is going to be significant. Your response would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

No, but I don't know if Yamaha is always on the 'no discount' list. Roland is.

For the current sale,

The following manufacturers have chosen not to participate in this promotion:

65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, AKG, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Azumi, B3 Guitars, Bach, BAM, BeatKangz, Behringer, Benchmark, Benedetto, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blue, Bogner, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, BSS Audio, Buffet Crampon, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chandler Limited, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond, DigiTech, DLS, Drawmer, Drum Workshop, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, EMG, Eminence, EMMA, Empirical Labs, Empress, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Fender, Fishman, Focusrite, Fox, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, Gallien-Krueger, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, GNI, Godlyke, Grace Design, Great River, Gretsch, Guild, Hagstrom, Harden, Harman, Hercules, HHB, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, Jackson, JamHub, JBL, Jet City Amplifiers, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Korg, KRK, Kush Audio, Langevin, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, Ludwig, Luna, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko, Manley, Marshall, Martin, Maxon, Meinl, Mesa Boogie, Millennia, Miraphone, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Music Man, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, N-Tune, Olympus, Option 5, Orange, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Parker, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound, Pigtronix, Pioneer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Rode, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Solid State Logic, Soundcraft, Squier, SSL, Stanton, Steinberg, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound, SWR, T REX, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Taylor, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Waldorf, Warwick, Washburn, Western Digital, Xotic, Yamaha, Z Vex Effects, Zoom

It might save time to just list the merch that is included...

facepalm.gif

• Members

Alway purchase near the end of the month. It makes the bean counters happy that another unit moved before month end, and store managers like to keep the bean counters happy. Go in with Cash money, no checks, no credit or debit cards, and offer 60% of the MSRP and then negotiate. Be prepared to walk, and don't forget other dealers along with the online sites.

Good luck.

• Members

GC will give the discount for in-store purchases. Well at least they have for me. I have even had a guy tell me to wait a couple of weeks for the 4th of July sale. I have also gone in a day late and said "I will buy that now if you give me the sale price from yesterday" and the manager agreed. AFAIK it is the online sales that are subject to restrictions. The sales tax for in-store purchases is of course a good chunk of change. You might want to try calling Musiciansfriend and ask if they will match the sales price. I have never tried this, but we had a guy from MF chime in once on another thread about the restrictions list for online sales. He told us to call. I haven't tried it though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Plink Floyd View Post
No, but I don't know if Yamaha is always on the 'no discount' list. Roland is.

For the current sale,

The following manufacturers have chosen not to participate in this promotion:

65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, AKG, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Azumi, B3 Guitars, Bach, BAM, BeatKangz, Behringer, Benchmark, Benedetto, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blue, Bogner, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, BSS Audio, Buffet Crampon, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chandler Limited, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond, DigiTech, DLS, Drawmer, Drum Workshop, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, EMG, Eminence, EMMA, Empirical Labs, Empress, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Fender, Fishman, Focusrite, Fox, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, Gallien-Krueger, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, GNI, Godlyke, Grace Design, Great River, Gretsch, Guild, Hagstrom, Harden, Harman, Hercules, HHB, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, Jackson, JamHub, JBL, Jet City Amplifiers, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Korg, KRK, Kush Audio, Langevin, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, Ludwig, Luna, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko, Manley, Marshall, Martin, Maxon, Meinl, Mesa Boogie, Millennia, Miraphone, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Music Man, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, N-Tune, Olympus, Option 5, Orange, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Parker, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound, Pigtronix, Pioneer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Rode, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Solid State Logic, Soundcraft, Squier, SSL, Stanton, Steinberg, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound, SWR, T REX, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Taylor, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Waldorf, Warwick, Washburn, Western Digital, Xotic, Yamaha, Z Vex Effects, Zoom

It might save time to just list the merch that is included...

facepalm.gif
Looks like a good time to buy a Kurzweil!

• Members

CR,

I got tired of Black Friday sales. I literally scour the internet for as cheap a deal as I can find, whether it's a 20% off coupon or the cheapest price possible for the gear. If you call Guitar Center with the price or deal, they will beat it. I've bought a lot of stuff, big and small from them this way as well as got free shipping and taxes waived. Something to consider.

-Mc

• Members

McHale - Yeah that's always an option, as well. But depending on the time of the year, you don't see the 15% or 20% off as easily, that's all.

greatar4, I would seriously consider the Korg Krome 73 which is selling for 1,199 dollars everywhere (and with a 15 or 20% discount would go for close to a grand). The 88 keys Krome is 1599. At least have a look at it, it can be found in stores already and for the sounds that are most used in a church setting, I think this is every bit as good as the Yamaha XF (personal opinion of course, but I just LOVE that German grand and Korg's EPs and strings). No sampling of course, so if you need sampling then the Korg Krome and the Yamaha MOX8 are are out of question.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post
McHale - Yeah that's always an option, as well. But depending on the time of the year, you don't see the 15% or 20% off as easily, that's all.
True. You should subscribe to their (and Sam Ash and...) mailing list. They sound out discount codes all the time. If you're not in a hurry to buy it, you will get a good discount emailed to you eventually that you can use.

-Mc

• Members

Thanks to you all guys for your responses. That's pretty much all I wanted to know, since I have no experience in buying musical gear at that particular time. Well, the pastor has a good relationship with one of the guys that's working in our local Guitar Center. He already offers us a $150.00 discount which lowers the price of the keyboard to $1,550.00 which is I think is a good deal. We'll do our best to purchase it tomorrow.

• Members

Right on their current home page: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Default....ource=4WWRWXGT

I've bought a lot of stuff from there (Yamaha included), and have gotten a few really good deals. The local GC has some pretty good people working there now who are willing to work on getting you a deal.
There's still a fair amount of wanker kid customers though. icon_lol.gif

• Members

That "additional 25% off" offer actually looks better than what they have had in the past - if there's a good range of products associated with it. A Korg Krome 61 for 750 dollars would actually look pretty good right now.

But you have to contact your local store to find out what that offer includes...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock View Post

greatar4, I would seriously consider the Korg Krome 73 which is selling for 1,199 dollars everywhere (and with a 15 or 20% discount would go for close to a grand). The 88 keys Krome is 1599. At least have a look at it, it can be found in stores already and for the sounds that are most used in a church setting, I think this is every bit as good as the Yamaha XF (personal opinion of course, but I just LOVE that German grand and Korg's EPs and strings). No sampling of course, so if you need sampling then the Korg Krome and the Yamaha MOX8 are are out of question.
If you're serious, you should snag this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korg-Krome-7...item1e739e15a0

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by greatar4 View Post

....the upcoming Black Friday next month....

My question is have you every buy a keyboard in that particular date? How much discount can We expect? ...

I'd say if you're looking for a very specific board, don't count on it being one of the ones that have big discounts on them that day.

Archived