AMP questions and using a sythn

Dana C

• Members

I just bought a Godin LGXT w/ SA and want to purchase a used Roland GR 30 or 33 or Boss GP10s I currently have a VoxVT20 Plus and want to use if it optimal for a synth use as well. I like the AMP and 30 watts in my little house is plenty. I have heard that tube amps don't work well with synthesizers. The Vox does have one tube.

These may simple questions but I would really like to know if my set up will work.

• Members

"Ideally" a keyboard amp is better than a guitar amp for this use, but you can certainly use your Vox amp with this set up, especially for home use. I've done it many time with my Roland GR-33 and a guitar amp. Don't worry about the tube. Also, I've owned the GR-30 and GR-33, and if you have a choice between the two, the GR-33 has more advanced features and better sounds. Although, nothing wrong with the GR-30.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Acoustic Guitar amps are the way to go. The above mentioned Roland or Fishman Loudbox among others. Ideally powered PA speakers work well for gigs but for the home or carrying to practice acoustic guitar amps are highly portable, have multiple input channels and quite good sound. A good set of powered studio monitors would probably sound a bit better and have better stereo image, but aren't exactly portable and many times need a small mixer.

Archived