MIDI Sound Module

GuyCabellero

• Members

In that price range you'd be better off with a software plug-in, if you have a computer that can handle it. Not sure what hardware would have decent acoustic guitars in that price range. Somebody else can probably come up with a suggestion. I'm more of a synthesis fan than a sampler/ROMpler kinda guy.

• Members

If you're looking for sounds like acoustic guitars and other realistic acoustic instruments, the JV-2080 is about the best module available in that price range (i.e. $200 and under).

If you're willing to go up to $300 then the Kurzweil K2000 and Roland XP-30 are also really good options. The XP-30 has a HUGE collection of useful sounds (all of the sounds of the JV-2080 and a whole lot more), and the K2000 also has some of the nicest acoustic guitars and orchestral instruments that you'll find for under $1,000.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Synthaholic View Post
Alesis QSR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alesis-QSR-6...item27ccbf90d1

Hits your price point perfectly. Even has sampling capability if you want to go through the trouble.

QSR was my first thought too.

In order to load samples though, you need a specific kind of card, and a somewhat convoluted computer program that hasn't been supported for a while.

That said, there's a lot you can do with the stock sounds.

Archived