Best Standalone Sequencer/DrumMachine

MrGabriel

• Members

Hey Everyone,

I'm new and I got a question....as if you couldn't guess.

So I'm selling my MiniNova because it doesn't have beats or a sequencer. I'm looking to do a live, interactive performance. To start off a DJ show or dance performance or like for an MC filler, to get a killer groove on. I don't need it to be super indepth with tons of features. No laptop will be involved. It's going to be very mobile, so battery operated would be awesome but not required. Have to be able to load my own samples and sounds. My budget is around $300-$400

I love all the MPCs and Maschines but I'm having a hard time picking which one. I would really like to be able to have a Mic plugged in, go up to someone in the crowd and record their voice, or clap, and sample it into the beat/sequence I'm currently building. Is this at all possible?

The Roland JD-Xi Looks really cool and extremely in-depth. But also quite complicated and maybe more than I need. Also, its hard to tell if you can record the Mic-In or its just for playback.

The Teenage Engineering OP-1 Portable is incredible. Looks like a fisher price toy but the reviews are through the roof and looks almost perfect. Except the price is insane.

Korg Electribe Sampler looks cheap but I like the feel and simplicity. I don't know if it will let me do the live sampling thing though. Anyone?

BKE Beat Thang, What are the opinions on this? Its overpriced imho but I would like to know what the vibe is. I've never heard of BKE and it seems uber 'urban' which can not be a good thing somethings, similar to the Open Labs NeKo. But from the videos, it seems like It might be able to do what I need.

I'm open to like a Kaosspad/Kaossilater and iPad if you guys can get me hooked up to do what I need.

I'm overwhelmed with all the research and options so I would really appreciate any guidance from my KVR friends!

Thanks mucho amigos icon_thumbsup.gif

make wings

MrG

• Members

You might seriously checkout the CASIO Trackformer XW-P1 http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XWPD1

There is a lot of power here for the price. Its battery operated and has a mic input. Add a small midi keyboard and you could play over your sequences or add bass lines or other phrases on the fly. It may look like the millennium falcon, but it has some serious capabilities.

• Members
You might seriously checkout the CASIO Trackformer XW-P1 http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XWPD1

There is a lot of power here for the price. Its battery operated and has a mic input. Add a small midi keyboard and you could play over your sequences or add bass lines or other phrases on the fly. It may look like the millennium falcon, but it has some serious capabilities.

Oh yeah I forgot about this baby!

$500 and you can't go wrong!

Archived