next gen tech with 1950's audio hardware- read on!

cresshead

• Members

next gen tech with 1950's audio hardware- read on!

so you've just mastered your latest song and exported to mp3 or aac or might have it uploaded as a video for youtube...your eager to play this to your friends on your portable device...tablet, phone etc...

you used some great animated stereo effects on the track and want your friends to hear it...stereo delays and notes panned left right for great effects...it sounds super on your hifi.wave.gif
please note i'm writing friends...that means more than one!...so headphones as no use as you want to hear it along with them for their reaction!

right...okay ...

do NOT use the following to demonstrate your song using their hardware speaker system as they think the 1950's were good enough!
like this!

029I-20XNSAX1991X-0001A0.jpg

ipad 1 (only has 1 mono speaker)
pad 2 (only has 1 mono speaker)
ipad 3 (only has 1 mono speaker)
ipad 4 (only has 1 mono speaker)

IPAD2_SPEAKER_DOCK01.png
kobo vox (only has 1 mono speaker)
ipod touch (only has 1 mono speaker) - older ipod touches had NO speaker!
ipod nano - no speaker
iphone 5,4,3,2,1 (only has 1 mono speaker)

facepalm.gif

stereo speaker hardware you could use!

ipad mini
nexus 7
kindle fire
kindle fire HD
sony psp
nintendo DSi
ANY laptop!

Kindle-Fire-HD-speakers.jpg

• Members

It always bugs me (a little) knowing most of the people I know will only ever hear my music through a pair of laptop speakers or PDA. I'm not skilled enough at mixing to make that work. I quit sharing unless it is at my home where I control the sound quality.

• Members

whilst i can agree somewhat on the "meh" to some degree i do find it astonishing in this hi tech hardware war that any cutting edge technology has only 1 speaker..i have a ipad3 and a kobovox...both only have 1 speaker

they dedicate an enormous amount of development on cpu's, graphics, storage and display but let the audio side slide back the the 1950's being mono!
it is interesting that the ipad mini has 2 speakers where as the 4th generation ipad released on the very same day has only 1 speaker.

my guess is that they (apple) once they have used up their stocks of ipad 4th gen cases has been used up will go for 2 speakers in the 5th gen ipad to be released next year.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpaw

View Post

It always bugs me (a little) knowing most of the people I know will only ever hear my music through a pair of laptop speakers or PDA. I'm not skilled enough at mixing to make that work. I quit sharing unless it is at my home where I control the sound quality.

On the plus side, anyone listening to crappy speakers will hear other music through that same system as well, so the mix differences between your music and major-label

• Members

everytime i see a youngster walking around with a dubsteptune blasting out of the crappy speaker of his iphone i have to smile remembering the kids in the 80s who were carrying a proper boombox on their shoulders blasting early rapsongs with plenty of bass and in full stereo-thats the way we annoyed the grownups back in the day!

• Members

Our boys still have a Panasonic mini-stereo (boombox with detachable speakers) in their bedroom that wife and I used to have in our bedroom. It suffices for them for now. Otherwise they have their mobile devices, but our younger son really prefers speakers - at least for music. The days of large stereos in teenager's bedrooms are long gone.

It is funny how kids' music tastes develop. Our younger son is 7 and he has latched onto some groups.

Archived