Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats so Special about the Roland V-synth?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whats so Special about the Roland V-synth?

    Even Doe They are a little dated Jordan Ruddes has 2 on hes live rig

    and that other guy that Plays in the Inmortal(phill) Has one, on hes live Rig.





    And what versions is the best one ? is The rack version the exact same as the keyboard version?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1 <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/boring.gif" border="0" alt="" title="boring" class="inlineimg" /></div>

  • #2
    I think rack has d50 card included? I forgot. I had the keyboard version.

    Examplary user interface, incredible keybed, import own samples. I always used the dual dbeam, bloody cool

    So very easy to program patches. The sound has somekind fidelity I cant explain. Vast i/o at the back.

    I cant believe they go under $1k used
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

    Comment


    • #3
      I have not heard something that sounds incredible good .
      <div class="signaturecontainer">Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !<br />
      <br />
      <br />
      Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1 <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/boring.gif" border="0" alt="" title="boring" class="inlineimg" /></div>

      Comment


      • #4
        The original V-Synth miss was a huge regret for me. Not even the GT held the emotional connection, that is why I sold it in a financial pinch. I would not have done that with the original. It was Roland's D-50 For the modern age, but so much more. Many of the sounds on the 1.5 version, especially the moog patch were wonderful. It could be a D-50 if you so wanted, even reducing the bit rate to emulate a perfect copy. With the PG-1000 you could essentially have a D-50 and then transfer it back to a V at any time. The original is by far my favorite V-Synth and one of Roland's top 5 of all times. If you love Roland it is the ultimate collectors piece along with the D-50 and Jupiter 8.

        Comment


        • #5
          yeah me too, sort of. sold it to pay for my digital piano. miss it. oh yeah, the "fidelity" I mentioned, I think I meant "creamy" sounding
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow. I hated it as was glad to get rid of it.



            It sounded stale to me compared to the JP-8000, MS-2000, and Juno-106. The sampler wasn't as good as Kontakt either. Nothing about it captured me like the JV-1080 or the MC-909.
            https://soundcloud.com/jersey-bloke<br><br>DSI Mopho X4<br>Elektron Analog Four<br>Akai MPC 2500<br>StudioLive 16.0.2 Digital Mixer<br>Allen &amp; Heath Xone VF-1 Analog Stereo Filter<br>Studio One V2.5 Professional Edition<br>Ableton Live 9 Standard

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by minimoog
              View Post

              I have not heard something that sounds incredible good .




              Sadly not even this is special.
              Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...
              <div class="signaturecontainer">
              <div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              Write Something...

              Comment


              • #8
                I have never wanted a synth as much as I wanted V-Synth when it was unveiled.



                The demo, that used this patch(I guess):

                http://www.synthmania.com/Roland%20V...0LetMePray.mp3

                blew my mind, and I have been searching that demo all over the place, but it seems to have disappeared.



                The control of the time and pitch is still an intriguing feature, and I think there still isn't hardware alternative for VariPhrase.



                I still want V-Synth badly.



                And "let me pray" that Roland makes one more V-Synth. Perhaps embedded in their next workstation and conventional sampler(next to VariPhrase of course, which I'm more interested of). Perhaps they could also open up its structures for user to create their own patches in modular fashion.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">I am wanting, I am thinking<br />
                To arise and go forth singing,<br />
                Sing my songs and say my sayings,<br />
                Hymns ancestral harmonizing,<br />
                Lore of kindred lyricking.<br />
                In my mouth the words are melting;<br />
                Utterances overflowing<br />
                To my tongue are hurrying,<br />
                Even against my teeth they burst.</div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  WOw the first one can sound exacly like the D50???? but the new ones does not sound that perfect??

                  Darn i would really like that have does D50 sounds
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !<br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1 <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/boring.gif" border="0" alt="" title="boring" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man
                    View Post



                    And "let me pray" that Roland makes one more V-Synth. .




                    In this case i think Fasting would get better results in this case

                    ....
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Guess what? ! I have a Fever and the prescription is more cowbell !<br />
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    Moog Modular,B3 leslie,gran piano, GX1 <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/boring.gif" border="0" alt="" title="boring" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by minimoog
                      View Post

                      In this case i think Fasting would get better results in this case

                      ....




                      Or hunger strike! All V-Synth fans, lets go on hunger strike until Roland releases a new V-Synth!!!

                      After that I will be fasting for so long, that I can afford one.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">I am wanting, I am thinking<br />
                      To arise and go forth singing,<br />
                      Sing my songs and say my sayings,<br />
                      Hymns ancestral harmonizing,<br />
                      Lore of kindred lyricking.<br />
                      In my mouth the words are melting;<br />
                      Utterances overflowing<br />
                      To my tongue are hurrying,<br />
                      Even against my teeth they burst.</div>

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man
                        View Post

                        I have never wanted a synth as much as I wanted V-Synth when it was unveiled.



                        The demo, that used this patch(I guess):

                        http://www.synthmania.com/Roland%20V...0LetMePray.mp3

                        blew my mind, and I have been searching that demo all over the place, but it seems to have disappeared.



                        The control of the time and pitch is still an intriguing feature, and I think there still isn't hardware alternative for VariPhrase.



                        I still want V-Synth badly.



                        And "let me pray" that Roland makes one more V-Synth. Perhaps embedded in their next workstation and conventional sampler(next to VariPhrase of course, which I'm more interested of). Perhaps they could also open up its structures for user to create their own patches in modular fashion.




                        If you mean the Arabic Chant type demo, that was very good but almost impossible to find as you say..
                        世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          V-Synth...



                          Love the idea and looks.. Not impressed with the direction they took (reduced interface and real sounds).. Not strong enough soundwise to press the button on one for the cost...



                          This was a better package for me:






                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESeI5NovfUA





                          Still look forward to Roland doing another synth... This form factor and lots of controls or a bigger synth styled like the V-Synth but more controls would be nice...



                          世界で最高のシンセはmicroKORGにある

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by Casio Man
                            View Post

                            I have never wanted a synth as much as I wanted V-Synth when it was unveiled.



                            The demo, that used this patch(I guess):

                            http://www.synthmania.com/Roland%20V...0LetMePray.mp3

                            blew my mind, and I have been searching that demo all over the place, but it seems to have disappeared.



                            The control of the time and pitch is still an intriguing feature, and I think there still isn't hardware alternative for VariPhrase.



                            I still want V-Synth badly.



                            And "let me pray" that Roland makes one more V-Synth. Perhaps embedded in their next workstation and conventional sampler(next to VariPhrase of course, which I'm more interested of). Perhaps they could also open up its structures for user to create their own patches in modular fashion.




                            Are you talking about the track or the patch?



                            I have the Let Me Pray patch - which is fantastic Happy to let folks have it if they would like - only requirement is to have a V-Synth however!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><font color="#9acd32">Plugged in:</font> OASYS-88, Jupiter 80, V-Synth GTv2, Korg Symphony Module, ER mk2, D3200, iMS20, Alesis M1 Active Mk2 <br />
                            <font color="#ff8c00">Not plugged in:</font> X5D, Wavestation, Delta <br />
                            <font color="red">Sold:</font> M3-61/Radias/256, Radias with keys, Trinity with Prophecy, MS2000B, T3ex, NS5R, ES-1, EA-1, ER-1 <br />
                            <a href="http://www.soundcloud.com/ngowans" target="_blank">www.soundcloud.com/ngowans</a> <br />
                            <a href="http://www.jp-80.com" target="_blank">www.jp-80.com</a></font></div>

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by DJ RAZZ
                              View Post

                              If you love Roland it is the ultimate collectors piece along with the D-50 and Jupiter 8.




                              Buy one now while it's still cheaper than a Juno 106
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">My VCAs go to<b> 11</b></div>

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X