bought logic 9 yesterday - first bit of music made in it!

cresshead

• Members

great tune !

volume automation:

select the track you want to fade out. hit "a" on the keyboard for automation. it should be set to volume in the drop down menu on the left side. you can use it for volume or pretty much any other parameter happening on that track. click where you want the fadeout to start and a little 'node' thing appears on the volume line. then click and drag the line down to where you want it to end.

when it hit me how simple and powerful the automation was i had to lay down lol

• Members

Can that be run on an iPad?

well there's garageband, i have that on ipad and love the smart instruments where you can strum a guitar and whack virtual drums!...it's also incredibly cheap!...and will export to garageband on imac which then means you can open it up in logic too...excellent workflow

• Members

Was waiting for the robert smith vocals to kick in...

cheers!...it's from a new order song basically...just wanted something to try out that i hadn't done before!

logic users?...Q. can i use the amp simulators that are made for plugin a real guitar in for instead for pluging on a keyboard soft synth?

• Members

http://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1/procession-logic-9

based on the new order song Procession

have to say learning curve is not too bad so far...no idea how to make a fade out yet!!
:)
using soft synths and drums in logic...they're not too bad..drums are okay and so is the pick bass.

Right on man that sounds {censored}ing fantastic!!!! Very cool...I've had Logic Pro 9 for years and absolutely love it, I've had experience with pretty much every other DAW out there and it is far and away my fav....Did you do everything in the soundcloud track just using the stock instruments and plug-ins it came with? Like I said it sounds absolutely {censored}ing great man...As for leanring the automation and fade-outs and all that, I know this is gonna sound like snarky or obvious adcvice, but seriously man read the manual, I know it's like 1300 {censored}ing pages but that was the only way that I really got a handle on how to do all the stuff that I wanted to do, and I was able to get so much more out of it...Keep on rockin'!

• Members

great tune !

volume automation:

select the track you want to fade out. hit "a" on the keyboard for automation. it should be set to volume in the drop down menu on the left side. you can use it for volume or pretty much any other parameter happening on that track. click where you want the fadeout to start and a little 'node' thing appears on the volume line. then click and drag the line down to where you want it to end.

when it hit me how simple and powerful the automation was i had to lay down lol

+INFINITY!!!!

• Members

cheers!...it's from a new order song basically...just wanted something to try out that i hadn't done before!

logic users?...Q. can i use the amp simulators that are made for plugin a real guitar in for instead for pluging on a keyboard soft synth?

Absolutely! You just need an audio to digital converter, I've had great results with the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I think it'd be perfect for what you need (unelss you need a lot more channels simultaneously)...you can just plug your guitar into the interface, then create an audio track (and of course make sure it's set it to the interface) then just use the amp sim plugs on that channel or put the amp sim channel plugs on a bus and run your guitar through that bus...

• Members

well there's garageband, i have that on ipad and love the smart instruments where you can strum a guitar and whack virtual drums!...it's also incredibly cheap!...and will export to garageband on imac which then means you can open it up in logic too...excellent workflow

I don't have any Apple computers. But I would buy an iPad to run Logic.

Archived