• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like you books!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by RetroVintageOld
      View Post

I like you books!

those vids i posted above are examples of music track i'd like to emulate.. i DID NOT create those videos!...wish i did mind you!...

they're from the 60's - early 80's childrens tv in england!

i want my books to have a similar retro feel for the music but on an ipad!

the images will be made in 3d seeing as i'm a 3d artist/designer as a day job!
      http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RAZZ
        View Post

Anything KURZ is a good choice. The Korg is going to give a good synth feel but the KURZ is great for gigging with bread and butter sounds with some synth thrown in.

I don't know why you would say that... the Kurzweil has VAST and real analog modeling oscillators... while the Krome has only sampled sounds. Good sample sounds, mind you, and I think the OP would be happy with either of those, or with a Motif MOX6. But on paper the Kurzweil is clearly way more full featured, especially on the synth sounds aspect! Not to mention the details - don't underestimate having aftertouch, for example...
        http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme
          View Post

both have pros and cons. what sort of sounds do you use most ? I've had the PC3LE, some sounds are good, some are not. the pads are touch sensitive, keybed has aftertouch

That's huge to me. What is Korg thinking?
          "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
            View Post

the Kurzweil PC3LE 6 sounds much better in my opinion than the yamaha in that video

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock
            View Post

For that budget your could hunt down a used PC361

Don't know if it's still available. I would also be wary of craigslist except for local pickup.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/3326127226.html

I'm surprised that it's been accepted that the Kurz orchestral sounds are weak - it's probably the strong point of the PC3 and PC3LE series. Except maybe for the brass...

There is a realism in the orchestral in Kurzweils that sets them apart, for me - "sounds real" is different than "sounds great".
            "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
              View Post

i heard that the vibrato is built into the samples for some sounds which is not good...is that right?

According to a post on the motifator site, they provide instruments with and without sampled vibrato.

From http://www.motifator.com/index.php/f...thread/455002/

"Yamaha, when they sample instruments like violins, sample the natural vibrato of the musician - this is subjective but the reasons are: They sound more realistic and natural when applied by a real player. Using an LFO for vibrato can quickly begin to sound too perfect (synthy). But again it is subjective - and this is why you have a CHOICE!!!

Of course, this is a synthesizer, so keyboard players sometimes feel that THEY want to control the vibrato. And even though it is very (very) expensive from a wave ROM standpoint to include the real vibrato, you are also provided the violin sampled without vibrato."

Comment

Op, I must stress again, kurz's woodwinds suck so bad.

Hopefully u buy any board from store with good return return policy.

Comment

So much bloody good strings, but truly lack of any real good other orchestral instruments. Ive owned motif xs, same sounds on the mox, overall better pallette compared to kurz. Anyway, pls do try kurz first, because I still think the aftertouch keys and 16part performance mode is dope.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianRock
                    View Post

I'm surprised that it's been accepted that the Kurz orchestral sounds are weak - it's probably the strong point of the PC3 and PC3LE series. Except maybe for the brass...

I don't think it's been accepted, I think just one person said it. There's a lot of personal preference, and it depends on which sounds you need and what kind of things you're doing (as you said, it's brass isn't a strength). As a whole, I think Kurz (PC3/LE), Yamaha (MOX/XS/XF), and Roland (Jupiter and especially Integra) are all strong contenders for people looking for orchestral stuff.

Comment

yeh integra7 is also on my hit list has been for quite a while...just want to make a good choice seeing as it's around
                      http://www.cresshead.comhttp://soundcloud.com/cresshead-1Korg Volca Bass, Logic Pro 9, Arturia Mini Brute, Roland sh-01 - korg electribe emx - Blofeld - Nanozwerg - yamaha RX5 - CS1X - Korg DDD1 - Trackman -ipad3

Comment

Big deal, they demo it other layers of strings and timpani and people consider it good. Many wind instruments sounded like dying duck when u really hear it solo. Very weak

U dont hear them in those utube demos at all.so be careful

Comment

Kurzweil orchestral sounds (and especially combinations) are magnificent!
                          If you need a KSP script, e-mail me! Depending on amount of work, the price can be arranged!

Folio: Zero-G - Animato | Sonokinetic - Tigris & Euphrates - Desert Voice - Carousel - Toccata - Voices Of Israel - EMP - FE | Hollow Sun - HSDV Drum Synthesiser - Music Laboratory Machines Series - RMI Electrapiano

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by zzzxtreme
                            View Post

So much bloody good strings, but truly lack of any real good other orchestral instruments.

Nonsense ... listen to some pink floyd and how they utilized the orchestral settings on their live DVD's.

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
                            View Post

Kurzweil orchestral sounds (and especially combinations) are magnificent!

+1. Ass-kickin..
                            '57 Hammond B3; '69 Hammond L100P; Hammond XM2/XMc2; '68 Leslie 122; Motion Sound Low Pro/Pro 3T; Neo Vent; Kurzweil PC3; Generalmusic Equinox 88 Pro and 76 key versions; Voce V5+; EV ELX112P; '67 Howard Combo Organ; http://www.dyinbreedband.webs.com

Comment

Working...
                            X