SPAM: Korg Poly-800 with Slayer-type mod

Suilebhain

• Members

Not sure if this is the official slayer mod or a variation, but it has some real major Moog-sounding resonance. Three knobs, with the third being a way to introduce White Noise.

The reason I am not sure if it is an official Slayer mod is because the knobs are on the right (instead of the left) and because the person who did the mod set up the polarity of the input power to be reversed from the stock configuration. Sounds odd, but it works.

It's a little scuffed up here and there (what would you expect from a nearly-30-year-old synth made out of plastic) but nothing major.

I am asking $300 plus shipping CONUS because I am not sold on wanting to sell it and I know once I let it go that the chance of having another one is nil.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Allerian View Post
This thread sucks w/o pics. Not the seller's Poly-800. This one has the speaker-death resonance mod.

korg-800.JPG
I didnt know they made it in red, that looks cool.
I had one back in the day too, used it a lot on the road.
The synth that wins the ugliest looking ever made category is the Poly-800 with the reverse keys, oh gawwwd!

• Members

I'll gladly put up pics if anyone expresses real interest in buying the synth, but I usually post to KSS from a location different from where the synth is housed...ahem...so pics are always an afterthought.

That appears to be some custom paint job done by the modder, complete with little rubber feet type things glued all over it.

I think the ugliest synths ever made where those Univox Maxi-Korg things with the little color coded switches. Looked like a toy.

Archived