zzzxtreme

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by lupene View Post
gz
so is it great or superb ??
price ??
talk cop.gif
$240
Basic, loud, no mid eq control, only hi and low, light weight. Pretty good for the price. not as good as my behringer b1220dsp. For PA speakers I recommend behringer series that ends with 'dsp' or 'neo'.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gregwar

View Post

hey aymat let us know how cubase 7 is, if you could write a mini review that would be dopenoodles

Yeah I'm on the fence about Cubase 7 too. Currently still on 5.5. Any info would be much appreciated. Getting ready to start school in January and wondering if I would come out better going with the educational version instead of the standard upgrade (I seem to remember you have to call for educational pricing). Also, they've been advertising the "Absolute VST Collection" which seems to include HALion Sonic, PadShop Pro, etc. - would it be cheaper to add these than upgrading the SE and plain PadShop? Educational version of HALion 4 seems to be $100 so thinking about adding that too. Then we have the new Neo-Soul now available through Steinberg. Tempting stuff indeed. Plus there is a window of opportunity to upgrade for free from 6.5 to 7. Somebody else had suggested I go that route but don't know if the time window for the free upgrade will still be in effect.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bdub

View Post

On my way to pick a used Motif XS6. I sold one last year and bought a MOX6, but once you've owned the real thing, the entry level model just won't do.

Just wondering why you feel this way... is it the keyboard action and/or the overall plastic nature of the MOX6? (I owned an original Motif6 until a couple of years ago, and now own an MOX6.)

• Members

Its evolution baby - sold my Leipzig rack (original model) and bought this.
I can live with the trade off on knobs when the 4 Pole filter sounds this good and the sound design is as flexible as it is.
You certainly need the manual to get the most out of the interface but I am quite impressed thus far.

PageImage-484274-4217910-484197_56012866

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd View Post
Just wondering why you feel this way... is it the keyboard action and/or the overall plastic nature of the MOX6? (I owned an original Motif6 until a couple of years ago, and now own an MOX6.)
Three reasons: sampling, aftertouch and more insert effects. I have several soundbanks from Motifator and Easy Sounds that use samples and I wanted to be able to use them again. Plus I'm trying to incorporate the XS6 into my live rig and the additional insert effects would come in very handy.

As for the MOX6....yeah, there's a lot of plastic there, but it's a great keyboard and it sounds just like the XS. I have never had any trouble with the keyboard action. It's very playable.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Three reasons: sampling, aftertouch and more insert effects. I have several soundbanks from Motifator and Easy Sounds that use samples and I wanted to be able to use them again. Plus I'm trying to incorporate the XS6 into my live rig and the additional insert effects would come in very handy.

As for the MOX6....yeah, there's a lot of plastic there, but it's a great keyboard and it sounds just like the XS. I have never had any trouble with the keyboard action. It's very playable.
I still have my ES6 and I understand somewhat what bdub is saying. I, however, have personally never used the sampling feature even though I have it maxed out. Out of all the add-on packs I purchased through the Motifator store, all of them use the internal ROM. I also like having the PLG slots. I got plenty of use out of them. Bought the DX, AN, VL, & VH boards and they are loads of fun. I'm looking to replace the ES6 with a MOX8 so I then have an 88-note weighted action to control my Kronos pianos with and still retain the Yamaha sound set which I truly enjoy. Looking forward to the advanced articulations as they aren't in the ES series.

• Members

Just ordered an Akai MPD32 midi controller. That'll be fun connecting it to the Kronos as the K uses sysex for a lot of stuff. However, I designed a little box which translates midi to sysex for use with a B4D so I'll just add some more functions to the code. Another little toy for Xmas.

Bryan

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gregwar View Post
hey aymat let us know how cubase 7 is, if you could write a mini review that would be dopenoodles
Will do. I'm a bit curious about the new mixer... looks like there might be a slight learning curve but hopefully it wont be too bad:

That new chord tool looks pretty insane too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by midinut

View Post

Yeah I'm on the fence about Cubase 7 too. Currently still on 5.5. Any info would be much appreciated. Getting ready to start school in January and wondering if I would come out better going with the educational version instead of the standard upgrade (I seem to remember you have to call for educational pricing). Also, they've been advertising the "Absolute VST Collection" which seems to include HALion Sonic, PadShop Pro, etc. - would it be cheaper to add these than upgrading the SE and plain PadShop? Educational version of HALion 4 seems to be $100 so thinking about adding that too. Then we have the new Neo-Soul now available through Steinberg. Tempting stuff indeed. Plus there is a window of opportunity to upgrade for free from 6.5 to 7. Somebody else had suggested I go that route but don't know if the time window for the free upgrade will still be in effect.

midinut, if youre gonna do it, do it today... the grace period is for anyone who activated v6.5 after Oct.25 and before Dec.05.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by evildragon View Post
It finally arrived! smile.gif

xuTMs.jpg

And now let's do the 110V to 230V mod. smile.gif

Congrats on that one, dude! thumb.gif

That's a certainly a nice unit to have with other stuff you've got, like the Kurz and the TR-Rack. I used to have one myself years ago and only really sold it because I was dead broke and basically homeless for a while. I must say that trying to create new sounds from scratch on that thing was a dreadful process for me, though. I guess I'm just too impatient. You'll probably do a lot better with it than I did.

Back in the late nineties I was living in Australia and used to visit this synth store in Sydney all the time just to sit down with the K5000S they used to have sitting there. I thought it was one of the most awesome sounding synths I'd ever used, but couldn't really afford it at the time. I'm not sure If I've ever had worse GAS for a synth, to be honest. icon_lol.gif A few years later I got a great deal on the K5000R (with the macro controller) and getting it was like a dream come true. Like I said, I had to sell it when my then company went down the drain, and kinda forgot about it and didn't really see myself getting one again, but then I heard a demo online a few months ago and remembered what I had liked about it so much. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up buying one again. It's a definitely a very, very unique synth.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gregwar View Post
Doh! There is a grace period that goes back to Oct 25, 2012. I registered 6.5 on Oct 8, 2012 facepalm.gif

Oh well, I am happy with 6.5 and don't see anything in 7 that is immediately knocking my socks off.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by evildragon View Post

It finally arrived! smile.gif...

Nice! I had 2 K5000 boards at the same time, for a while - a 5000S and 5000W.

Very unique synths. I've tried a lot of softsynths trying to get the sounds I could get from the 5000's. Some of them get a little close, but somehow they're just not the same.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TropicThink View Post
Congrats on that one, dude! thumb.gif

That's a certainly a nice unit to have with other stuff you've got, like the Kurz and the TR-Rack. I used to have one myself years ago and only really sold it because I was dead broke and basically homeless for a while. I must say that trying to create new sounds from scratch on that thing was a dreadful process for me, though. I guess I'm just too impatient. You'll probably do a lot better with it than I did.

Back in the late nineties I was living in Australia and used to visit this synth store in Sydney all the time just to sit down with the K5000S they used to have sitting there. I thought it was one of the most awesome sounding synths I'd ever used, but couldn't really afford it at the time. I'm not sure If I've ever had worse GAS for a synth, to be honest. icon_lol.gif A few years later I got a great deal on the K5000R (with the macro controller) and getting it was like a dream come true. Like I said, I had to sell it when my then company went down the drain, and kinda forgot about it and didn't really see myself getting one again, but then I heard a demo online a few months ago and remembered what I had liked about it so much. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up buying one again. It's a definitely a very, very unique synth.
Heart-warming story, bro. Hope you get one to rekindle the love! thumb.gif

• Members
buy_box_ui.png

This was on sale for about $129 at audiodeluxe.com and I have been wanting to try a professional multi-band plugin thing for a while, so I bought it. It came down to a toss-up between this, FabFilter Saturn, and OhmForce Ohmicide. In the end Saturn was a close second. I decided on Trash 2 because I like the multiple routing options, the interface, and the convolution effect that is built in, and the fact that it encourages experimentation in sound design. Saturn also has a beautiful interface and I really like FabFilters modulation routing implementation, so it is possible that I might end up with Saturn sometime as well.

Other than that there is Analog Four, which I pre-ordered. I am still waiting for it to ship :'(

Archived