Clear All

• december 2012 new gear thread

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

gz

so is it great or superb ??

price ??

talk

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Give a man some fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.&quot; - Unknown</div>

Comment

On my way to pick a used Motif XS6. I sold one last year and bought a MOX6, but once you've owned the real thing, the entry level model just won't do.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Keyboards:</b> Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350<br><br><br><br><b>Guitar Stuff:</b> Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)</div>

Comment

Matched stereo pair!

Damn, I want that Cubase 7 upgrade!
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Ehh, not much hardware anymore.<br />
          Nord Wave, Electro 2 and Blofeld keyboard.</div>

Comment

I got this little 'stocking stuffer':

http://www.hohnerusa.com/johnlennon/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by lupene
              View Post

gz

so is it great or superb ??

price ??

talk

$240

Basic, loud, no mid eq control, only hi and low, light weight. Pretty good for the price. not as good as my behringer b1220dsp. For PA speakers I recommend behringer series that ends with 'dsp' or 'neo'.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"></font></div>

Comment

hey aymat let us know how cubase 7 is, if you could write a mini review that would be dopenoodles

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gregwar
                  View Post

hey aymat let us know how cubase 7 is, if you could write a mini review that would be dopenoodles

Yeah I'm on the fence about Cubase 7 too. Currently still on 5.5. Any info would be much appreciated. Getting ready to start school in January and wondering if I would come out better going with the educational version instead of the standard upgrade (I seem to remember you have to call for educational pricing). Also, they've been advertising the "Absolute VST Collection" which seems to include HALion Sonic, PadShop Pro, etc. - would it be cheaper to add these than upgrading the SE and plain PadShop? Educational version of HALion 4 seems to be $100 so thinking about adding that too. Then we have the new Neo-Soul now available through Steinberg. Tempting stuff indeed. Plus there is a window of opportunity to upgrade for free from 6.5 to 7. Somebody else had suggested I go that route but don't know if the time window for the free upgrade will still be in effect.
                  Korg Kronos 61 :: Korg M3-73 Xpanded (w/Radias board) :: Behringer B212A Powered Speaker :: Variax 300 Sunburst :: PODx3 Live! :: Epiphone Acoustic Guitar :: Mandolin :: Steinberg Cubase 7.5 :: Omnisphere :: Trilian :: V-Collection :: Korg Legacy Collection :: SampleTank 2 XL :: Sonik Synth 2 :: Ravenscroft Piano :: Komplete 9 Ultimate :: VB3 :: Just Way Too Many VST's

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bdub
                    View Post

On my way to pick a used Motif XS6. I sold one last year and bought a MOX6, but once you've owned the real thing, the entry level model just won't do.

Just wondering why you feel this way... is it the keyboard action and/or the overall plastic nature of the MOX6? (I owned an original Motif6 until a couple of years ago, and now own an MOX6.)
                    -------------------------------
                    Michael
                    Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
                    27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
                    http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

I received the Venom I bought on Black Friday

<div class="signaturecontainer">Korg Triton Extreme, Yamaha CP33, Vermona Lancet Mono, Voce V3, M Audio Venom <br />
                      Carvin TL60t, G&amp;L S500 tribute, Agile AL3010 &gt; Carvin MTS Combo Korg AX3000G<br />
                      <br />
                      Bus to Neptune<br />
                      <a href="http://www.bustoneptune.com" target="_blank">www.bustoneptune.com</a></div>

Comment

Its evolution baby - sold my Leipzig rack (original model) and bought this.

I can live with the trade off on knobs when the 4 Pole filter sounds this good and the sound design is as flexible as it is.

You certainly need the manual to get the most out of the interface but I am quite impressed thus far.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://venndiagram.virb.com">Venn Diagram - Artist Website</a><br><br>Machinedrum, Monomachine, Analog Four, Octatrack, NordModular, Moog SubPhatty, Novation Nova, Korg MS20 Mini, Maschine, Tassman, Aalto, Absynth, Uhe's ACE &amp; Audulus<br><br><a href="mailto:faxorgy.productions@gmail.com">Contac t </a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd
                          View Post

Just wondering why you feel this way... is it the keyboard action and/or the overall plastic nature of the MOX6? (I owned an original Motif6 until a couple of years ago, and now own an MOX6.)

Three reasons: sampling, aftertouch and more insert effects. I have several soundbanks from Motifator and Easy Sounds that use samples and I wanted to be able to use them again. Plus I'm trying to incorporate the XS6 into my live rig and the additional insert effects would come in very handy.

As for the MOX6....yeah, there's a lot of plastic there, but it's a great keyboard and it sounds just like the XS. I have never had any trouble with the keyboard action. It's very playable.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Keyboards:</b> Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350<br><br><br><br><b>Guitar Stuff:</b> Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bdub
                            View Post

Three reasons: sampling, aftertouch and more insert effects. I have several soundbanks from Motifator and Easy Sounds that use samples and I wanted to be able to use them again. Plus I'm trying to incorporate the XS6 into my live rig and the additional insert effects would come in very handy.

As for the MOX6....yeah, there's a lot of plastic there, but it's a great keyboard and it sounds just like the XS. I have never had any trouble with the keyboard action. It's very playable.

I still have my ES6 and I understand somewhat what bdub is saying. I, however, have personally never used the sampling feature even though I have it maxed out. Out of all the add-on packs I purchased through the Motifator store, all of them use the internal ROM. I also like having the PLG slots. I got plenty of use out of them. Bought the DX, AN, VL, & VH boards and they are loads of fun. I'm looking to replace the ES6 with a MOX8 so I then have an 88-note weighted action to control my Kronos pianos with and still retain the Yamaha sound set which I truly enjoy. Looking forward to the advanced articulations as they aren't in the ES series.
                            Korg Kronos 61 :: Korg M3-73 Xpanded (w/Radias board) :: Behringer B212A Powered Speaker :: Variax 300 Sunburst :: PODx3 Live! :: Epiphone Acoustic Guitar :: Mandolin :: Steinberg Cubase 7.5 :: Omnisphere :: Trilian :: V-Collection :: Korg Legacy Collection :: SampleTank 2 XL :: Sonik Synth 2 :: Ravenscroft Piano :: Komplete 9 Ultimate :: VB3 :: Just Way Too Many VST's

Comment

Hi Mom!

Comment

Working...
                              X