need help hooking up my yamaha p-155 to my marantz amp

mac336

• Members

want to hook up my keyboard to my floor standing speakers. I got some 1/4 inch-RCA adapters to plug into the AUX outs in the back of the keyboard and a RCA cable going from that into my ampliphier which power my speakers. the keyboard isn't even recognizing the something is plugged into the AUX outs and the sound is still coming out of the keyboard speakers

Am I doing something wrong, or is my method of hooking up the keyboard to the speakers wrong?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delaware dave

View Post

Does the keyboard have a headphone jack? If it does try plugging the 1/4" into that jack and it should disconnect the speakers on your keyboard. So you will need a male TRS 1/4" jack that splits into two male rca's. Should work.

Thanks, I'll try that.

• Members

You'll want a 1/4" stereo to dual RCA adaptor cable (or plug), for the headphone jack. The P155 doesn't disconnect the speakers when the aux outputs are used. Some would consider this a good feature. A lot of people like the fact that the instrument vibrates much like a real piano when played. Note that you can turn the piano volume down somewhat, and the amp volume up, as long as you didn't get noticeable noise.

You could also connect your stereo the way you have it, and use the headphones plug from a broken pair of phones; plug that in to turn off the built-in speakers.

It's too bad it doesn't have separate volume controls for the speaker and the aux out, but apparently it doesn't. (I checked the manual & didn't see anything that looked promising.)

Archived