Venom price drop!

DJ RAZZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have wanted one since they came out and jumped at the $199 price. Besides the editing what's not to love? It does great vintage synth sounds, 80's synth sounds, modern synth sounds and all kinds of crazy synth sounds. If it was 16 parts it would perfect for all-in-one electronic music productions.

• Members

I have been very close to pulling the trigger and getting one myself. For $199 it would be a hoot to have one of these to goof around with.

BUT, I've got a Virus TI, and I am guessing it covers most or all of the sonic bases of the Venom.

So, in response to DJ RAZZ's question, perhaps it depends upon what other synths you have.

• Members

Even though buying a synth that you don't need is waste of money, theres always a new, refreshing adventure awaiting in new signal paths. And this ticket is really cheap...

...it stings me really badly though, because I don't have even that measly 200

• Members

Even though buying a synth that you don't need is waste of money, theres always a new, refreshing adventure awaiting in new signal paths. And this ticket is really cheap...

...it stings me really badly though, because I don't have even that measly 200

• Members

My kids have been really, really naughty... well at least half the time which means they are pretty normal in that respect. Stores like americangirl.com specialize in extracting money from daddies like me to buy lavish gifts for their little girls biggrin.gif

• Members

I've also been wondering what's in the works now that inMusic (owner of Akai, Alesis, etc.) has acquired M-Audio.

What if they came out with a workstation / multi-modeled VA equivalent of the Venom? 49/61 key controller. Custom workstation software for PC or Mac with 5 gb multi-sample library. Three or four built in VAs, modeled pianos, organs, etc. VST hosting. Control surface tailored to the software. Built-in audio interface, making it basically a recording studio. Lots of knobs.

I wonder what would happen if inMusic/M-Audio released something like this and did to the workstation market what Maschine did to the MPC market -- i.e. put $4,000 worth of functionality into a product that sells for $500.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by zoink View Post
I've also been wondering what's in the works now that inMusic (owner of Akai, Alesis, etc.) has acquired M-Audio.

What if they came out with a workstation / multi-modeled VA equivalent of the Venom? 49/61 key controller. Custom workstation software for PC or Mac with 5 gb multi-sample library. Three or four built in VAs, modeled pianos, organs, etc. VST hosting. Control surface tailored to the software. Built-in audio interface, making it basically a recording studio. Lots of knobs.

I wonder what would happen if inMusic/M-Audio released something like this and did to the workstation market what Maschine did to the MPC market -- i.e. put $4,000 worth of functionality into a product that sells for $500.
thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zoink

View Post

I love you big three; but when zoink's scenario happened, "the game has been changed" for real smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gribs View Post
Stores like americangirl.com specialize in extracting money from daddies like me to buy lavish gifts for their little girls biggrin.gif
IIRC when I bought the American Girl dolls for my daughter a few years ago... each cost 1/2 of a Venom! icon_lol.gif

I think all KSS members should get a Gus Viper, in honor of Gus! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, the only thing I don't like about the Gus Viper is that (like other synths, e.g. the Korg TR-Rack) you need a computer to access all the parameters - but I'm nitpicking. Judging by the demos, it sounds great! I really don't need it, but at this price it's too good to pass up. I'm looking forward to receiving it and Santa came early for me this year! smile.gif

• Members

I finally got mine after a shipping mix-up. Many of the presets are aggressive, as advertised. The software editor is great, especially considering it's free. Thea patch mixing function is quite elaborate and fun to waste a lot of time with. The live link function is cool unlike most editors that need a refresh to send the data out. This will keep me busy for a while.

I did find the gratuitous reptile/amphibian names quite amusing. The only names missing were SSSSS! (like the movie) and obscure animals like caecilian, tuatara, gharial, tegu, anolis, etc.

How could any synth nut not get one for the new price they are going for? They don't take up that much room.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RAZZ

View Post

Guess the Venom is on sale for $199US. now at Sweetwater. Really good deal but is it worth buying a synth that one feels luke warm about, even if the price is amazing? What do you guys think?

If you didn't like the sound of it before, the new lower price won't change that.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Paolo Di Nicolantonio View Post
IIRC when I bought the American Girl dolls for my daughter a few years ago... each cost 1/2 of a Venom! icon_lol.gif

I think all KSS members should get a Gus Viper, in honor of Gus! biggrin.gif

Seriously though, the only thing I don't like about the Gus Viper is that (like other synths, e.g. the Korg TR-Rack) you need a computer to access all the parameters - but I'm nitpicking. Judging by the demos, it sounds great! I really don't need it, but at this price it's too good to pass up. I'm looking forward to receiving it and Santa came early for me this year! smile.gif
synthmania.com or it didn't happen! smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KingVidiot

View Post

How could any synth nut not get one for the new price they are going for? They don't take up that much room.

Because it would need dusting from time to time: I looked at the Venom and it's just not useful for me at any price. I don't care about the presets, I don't use a computer to program my synths, I don't use MIDI keyboard controllers, and it's $200 I could spend on beer. But if you're in the majority who would find the Venom even remotely useful, I agree it's an awesome deal you'd be stupid to pass up.

Archived