Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom price drop!

Guess the Venom is on sale for $199US. now at Sweetwater. Really good deal but is it worth buying a synth that one feels luke warm about, even if the price is amazing? What do you guys think?

I have wanted one since they came out and jumped at the $199 price. Besides the editing what's not to love? It does great vintage synth sounds, 80's synth sounds, modern synth sounds and all kinds of crazy synth sounds. If it was 16 parts it would perfect for all-in-one electronic music productions.

Comment

I have been very close to pulling the trigger and getting one myself. For $199 it would be a hoot to have one of these to goof around with.

BUT, I've got a Virus TI, and I am guessing it covers most or all of the sonic bases of the Venom.

So, in response to DJ RAZZ's question, perhaps it depends upon what other synths you have.
      -------------------------------
      Michael
      Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
      27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
      http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

I can see waiting for 39.95 at Wally World.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Photos Here...

Comment

I have no room and I don't want to further dilute my attention on another synth, but man that is such a good deal. This would be a no-brainer for someone just starting out.
          Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

I am also very tempted. If it had aftertouch, I'd buy 2.
            Keyboards: Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350Guitar Stuff: Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)

Comment

Even though buying a synth that you don't need is waste of money, theres always a new, refreshing adventure awaiting in new signal paths. And this ticket is really cheap...

...it stings me really badly though, because I don't have even that measly 200
              I am wanting, I am thinking
              To arise and go forth singing,
              Sing my songs and say my sayings,
              Hymns ancestral harmonizing,
              Lore of kindred lyricking.
              In my mouth the words are melting;
              Utterances overflowing
              To my tongue are hurrying,
              Even against my teeth they burst.

Comment

Even though buying a synth that you don't need is waste of money, theres always a new, refreshing adventure awaiting in new signal paths. And this ticket is really cheap...

...it stings me really badly though, because I don't have even that measly 200
                Utterances overflowing

Comment

My kids have been really, really naughty... well at least half the time which means they are pretty normal in that respect. Stores like americangirl.com specialize in extracting money from daddies like me to buy lavish gifts for their little girls
                  Gribs

...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.

G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).

Comment

we bought 4.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjd
                      View Post

we bought 4.

That was awesome, merely reading about buying a stack of synths made me feel good.

hmmm...perhaps I could buy (the)Venom for my daughters as a christmas present....
                      Utterances overflowing

Comment

well.... 4 guys, we all bought at once. Gonna take pics though we we all get them.

Comment

wow now i know what i want for xmas

Comment

You'd pay that much for just a 49 key controller. One way of justifying buying one is to realize that you're paying for a controller and getting the synth and audio interface basically for nothing.
                            Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

I've also been wondering what's in the works now that inMusic (owner of Akai, Alesis, etc.) has acquired M-Audio.

What if they came out with a workstation / multi-modeled VA equivalent of the Venom? 49/61 key controller. Custom workstation software for PC or Mac with 5 gb multi-sample library. Three or four built in VAs, modeled pianos, organs, etc. VST hosting. Control surface tailored to the software. Built-in audio interface, making it basically a recording studio. Lots of knobs.

I wonder what would happen if inMusic/M-Audio released something like this and did to the workstation market what Maschine did to the MPC market -- i.e. put $4,000 worth of functionality into a product that sells for $500.
                              Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X