Rush to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

pogo97

• Members

They should have been inducted years ago, way ahead of Madonna and the Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and....

I'm not a huge fan but I recognize their stature in Rock, and their excellent musicianship. As my friend Del says, "if I wanted to listen to Rush, I'd take a set of vise grips to my cat's genitals".

The fact that Jethro Tull is not in just makes the whole place a joke.

• Members

It is a joke. The year that Rolling Stone (the rag, not the band) dude decided that Grandmaster Flash (who NEVER played Rock & Roll) needed to go in instead of the Dave Clark Five (who played smoking Rock & Roll, way ahead of their time) sealed the deal for me that the place is just one gigantic politically correct pile of crap.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Suilebhain View Post
It is a joke. The year that Rolling Stone (the rag, not the band) dude decided that Grandmaster Flash (who NEVER played Rock & Roll) needed to go in instead of the Dave Clark Five (who played smoking Rock & Roll, way ahead of their time) sealed the deal for me that the place is just one gigantic politically correct pile of crap.
The biggest snub this year appears to be Deep Purple. I would've thought they would've made it over some of the others, frankly.

Anything dealing with popular bands blah blah etc. is going to be political, there's just a massive amount of bands and only five per year can make it...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Suilebhain View Post
Rush getting into the RRHOF is another political maneuver. Rush has hit a surge of newfound popularity over the last few years and the HOF is just rolling with it because it will make them look hip to this "trend".

Though I am a big Rush fan, them getting into the HOF or not never made me lose sleep either way. Anything associated with Rolling Stone mag makes me feel icky. smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by soundwave106 View Post
The biggest snub this year appears to be Deep Purple. I would've thought they would've made it over some of the others, frankly.
Ya I know right?

"To be frank, I am disappointed that Deep Purple is not included. Certainly Heart and Rush would not sound the way we sound without Deep Purple."
Geddy Lee

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KEB View Post
Anything associated with Rolling Stone mag makes me feel icky. smile.gif
I would agree EXCEPT for Stillwater. If it weren't for Rolling Stone magazine then there would have been no plot device to tour with them.

Hmm. Is Stillwater in the ROH?

• Members

Whenever I see that pic, I can't help but imagine the keyboards comically rolling away as he leans on them and then he flails over landing butt-first on the Taurus pedals with that doubleneck plopped on top of him.

• Members

Yup. I make ear-splitting noises and can't sing either.

I have seen Rush in concert four times between the Moving Pictures tour in 1981 and the Snakes and Arrows tour in 2007. I have never once been bored biggrin.gif

I saw Pat Methany Group in the early 90's and was not bored during that show either. Pat and Lyle... Wow.

Archived