• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Rush to be inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
    Hi Mom!

Win!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"> Kurz PC1se, Motif XS6, Roland JD-990, Kawai K4, Roland JV-2080, Mopho X4</font></div>

Comment

second most-boring concert I ever saw - behind Pat Metheny where I actually fell asleep
      an expert on what it feels like to be me
      & you are who you google
      http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

Not any type of fan of Rush, but good for them.

Comment

Isn't the HOF kind of a joke?
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Keyboards:</b> Roland Fantom G6 (2); Korg Kronos 61; Muse Receptor VIP; Nord Electro 3; Privia PX-350<br><br><br><br><b>Guitar Stuff:</b> Route 101 Solimar; Line 6 POD X3 Live, Pocket POD (2)</div>

Comment

Good for them. They have been at it for years. Every drummer in the early 1980's around here wanted to be like Neil Pert.
            "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

Who?

Comment

Tough crowd!

Comment

They should have been inducted years ago, way ahead of Madonna and the Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and....

I'm not a huge fan but I recognize their stature in Rock, and their excellent musicianship. As my friend Del says, "if I wanted to listen to Rush, I'd take a set of vise grips to my cat's genitals".

The fact that Jethro Tull is not in just makes the whole place a joke.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="https://twitter.com/ArtScienceSound/status/208313686459293697" target="_blank"><font color="blue">&quot;I remember when dubstep was just called &quot;LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth&quot; in the '60s&quot; - Alan Parsons</font></a><br />
                  <br />
                  <font size="1">Kurzweil PC3<font size="2">♦</font></font><font size="1">Alesis Fusion 6HD</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QS7.1 (2)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QSR</font>♦<font size="1"> Alesis S4+</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis DMPRO</font>♦<font size="1">Evolution MK-461C</font>♦<font size="1">Rhodes Mark II Stage 73</font>♦<font size="1">Roland JX-8P</font>♦<font size="1">Kawai K1 &amp; K1m</font>♦<br />
                  <font size="1"> <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  </font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bdub
                    View Post

Isn't the HOF kind of a joke?

It's OK as long as it's recognized as the "Rock & Roll Hall of FAME", and not the "Rock & Roll Hall of Really Good Music".

Comment

It is a joke. The year that Rolling Stone (the rag, not the band) dude decided that Grandmaster Flash (who NEVER played Rock & Roll) needed to go in instead of the Dave Clark Five (who played smoking Rock & Roll, way ahead of their time) sealed the deal for me that the place is just one gigantic politically correct pile of crap.
                      SPAM - Korg Poly-800 w/ Moog Slayer mod $250 shipped CONUS
                      Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
                      E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping
                      Roland S-10 sampler, power cord, manual, and disks, great shape $100 + shipping (I just don't have room for it)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Suilebhain
                        View Post

It is a joke. The year that Rolling Stone (the rag, not the band) dude decided that Grandmaster Flash (who NEVER played Rock & Roll) needed to go in instead of the Dave Clark Five (who played smoking Rock & Roll, way ahead of their time) sealed the deal for me that the place is just one gigantic politically correct pile of crap.

The biggest snub this year appears to be Deep Purple. I would've thought they would've made it over some of the others, frankly.

Anything dealing with popular bands blah blah etc. is going to be political, there's just a massive amount of bands and only five per year can make it...
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">What I make with way too many blinky light modular items, plugins, and an Alesis Andromeda. <br />
                        <a href="http://forbiddenstar.com/" target="_blank">Forbidden Star: </a> home studio / melodic ambient / New Age / the deep zone<br />
                        <a href="http://boneyfiend.com/" target="_blank">Boney Fiend: </a>the band, man / punk / garage / beer</font></div>

Comment

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Gear: buncha stuff and a couple bazilion cables</font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaholic
                            View Post

The fact that Jethro Tull is not in just makes the whole place a joke.

that's because jethro tull is metal. i thought we had established this back in '90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaodlYmleeQ
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">i'm so cool! i can play music!</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse
                              View Post

that's because jethro tull is metal. i thought we had established this back in '90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaodlYmleeQ

Tull is metal? News to me.

Wasn't Metallica inducted? What are they?
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="https://twitter.com/ArtScienceSound/status/208313686459293697" target="_blank"><font color="blue">&quot;I remember when dubstep was just called &quot;LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth&quot; in the '60s&quot; - Alan Parsons</font></a><br />
                              <br />
                              <font size="1">Kurzweil PC3<font size="2">♦</font></font><font size="1">Alesis Fusion 6HD</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QS7.1 (2)</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis QSR</font>♦<font size="1"> Alesis S4+</font>♦<font size="1">Alesis DMPRO</font>♦<font size="1">Evolution MK-461C</font>♦<font size="1">Rhodes Mark II Stage 73</font>♦<font size="1">Roland JX-8P</font>♦<font size="1">Kawai K1 &amp; K1m</font>♦<br />
                              <font size="1"> <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              </font></div>

Comment

Working...