Simple Keyboard/Piano Pieces You're Not Ashamed To Admit That You Like

zoink

• Members

Color My World. Yeah, hate me all you want. ;-)

I'm going to be checking out these simple pieces. My wife is beginning to tire of Moonlight Sonata (which also probably fits the topic, especially as I only play the first movement.)

That Sebastian Teller tune at least has a nice syncopation going on, and wouldn't be easy for a lot of beginners to play. I dig stuff like that. Another example might be Jeff Beck's Freeway Jam. The Teller tune seems to want a lead on it, though, and 14 minutes of it is a bit undulgent. Doesn't really make me miss my CP70 either. ;-)

• Members

After reading this thread, I think I'll go over to GC tonight and play:
House of the Rising Son followed by Imagine on piano. Then hit a synth patch and play the intro to Jump.
After which I will stroll over to the Guitars, find a Fender Squire and play Stairway to Heaven and Tom Petty's 'Breakdown' through a Marshal stack.
Would they kick me out before I get to wipeout on the drums?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kbeaumont View Post
After reading this thread, I think I'll go over to GC tonight and play:
House of the Rising Son followed by Imagine on piano. Then hit a synth patch and play the intro to Jump.
After which I will stroll over to the Guitars, find a Fender Squire and play Stairway to Heaven and Tom Petty's 'Breakdown' through a Marshal stack.
Would they kick me out before I get to wipeout on the drums?
Only if there really is a God. Don't forget to play Miami Vice, after Jump.

Actually, I play a meddly that includes Imagine, Let It Be, Layla ending, and Great Gig in the Sky among others. A veritable feast of simple but fun piano stuff. Please excuse any nausea you may experience as a result.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by learjeff View Post

I'm going to be checking out these simple pieces. My wife is beginning to tire of Moonlight Sonata (which also probably fits the topic, especially as I only play the first movement.)

That Sebastian Teller tune at least has a nice syncopation going on, and wouldn't be easy for a lot of beginners to play. I dig stuff like that. Another example might be Jeff Beck's Freeway Jam. The Teller tune seems to want a lead on it, though, and 14 minutes of it is a bit undulgent. Doesn't really make me miss my CP70 either. ;-)
No hate here; still one of my favs. First song I ever learned to play on piano, too.

• Members
No hate here, either. And it's smack in the middle of one of the best album sides ever recorded.
I love the long version of Make Me Smile (Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon).

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRDm6ludz6s .

Dadgum Peter Cetera, messed up one of the best bands ever, grumble, grouse...

mad.gif

• Members
Only if there really is a God. Don't forget to play Miami Vice, after Jump.

Actually, I play a meddly that includes Imagine, Let It Be, Layla ending, and Great Gig in the Sky among others. A veritable feast of simple but fun piano stuff. Please excuse any nausea you may experience as a result.
You have to also play Faltermeyer's Axel F, then you can properly get booted.

• Members
Well, to his credit, Tellier plays two songs in that video. "La Ritournelle" takes up the first seven minutes or so. I also like the way the strings build as it progresses.

But yeah, it's not making me want a CP70 either. A close miked jazz acoustic piano sounds better to me when I play it.

• Members

This forever and ever, amen. If I'm drunk or high enough I'll make you guys suffer through two recordings I did in 2009 of the first verse and a half of the song when I was playing with autotune features in Garageband.

Then I discovered SOFTSYNTHZ.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear View Post
That, Moonlight I, Bach Prelude I WTC Book I, and no Rush. Zero. I refuse to try.

:snobrelief:
Moonlight III is also loads of fun, great for venting.

No Rush??~! Your loss, there's some mighty tearful stuff with Manhattan Project and Losing It... Piano and live vocals 'twere 'bout as evocative as guitar and vocals... You'll be hard-pressed to find more striking chord progressions than some of that thar Canuck stuff...

Archived