Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Keyboard/Piano Pieces You're Not Ashamed To Admit That You Like

I was just playing and listening to Sebastien Tellier's "La Ritournelle" and Groove Armada's rendition of "Fly Me To The Moon," and I'm curious: What are some of your favorite simple pieces that you never seem to get tired of hearing, and that you like to play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhvAx1hizMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_bycWAzvDU
    Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Enya's watermark.
    The further away I am, the better I sound....

Comment

Minuet In G- Beethoven

Solace- Scott Joplin

Last Date- Floyd Cramer
      Gear: a room full of really LOUD plastic crap

Comment

Rush: Losing It

Beethoven: Pathetique II Adagio Cantabile

Comment

Color My World. Yeah, hate me all you want. ;-)

I'm going to be checking out these simple pieces. My wife is beginning to tire of Moonlight Sonata (which also probably fits the topic, especially as I only play the first movement.)

That Sebastian Teller tune at least has a nice syncopation going on, and wouldn't be easy for a lot of beginners to play. I dig stuff like that. Another example might be Jeff Beck's Freeway Jam. The Teller tune seems to want a lead on it, though, and 14 minutes of it is a bit undulgent. Doesn't really make me miss my CP70 either. ;-)
          learjeff.net

Comment

After reading this thread, I think I'll go over to GC tonight and play:

House of the Rising Son followed by Imagine on piano. Then hit a synth patch and play the intro to Jump.

After which I will stroll over to the Guitars, find a Fender Squire and play Stairway to Heaven and Tom Petty's 'Breakdown' through a Marshal stack.

Would they kick me out before I get to wipeout on the drums?

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kbeaumont
              View Post

After reading this thread, I think I'll go over to GC tonight and play:

House of the Rising Son followed by Imagine on piano. Then hit a synth patch and play the intro to Jump.

After which I will stroll over to the Guitars, find a Fender Squire and play Stairway to Heaven and Tom Petty's 'Breakdown' through a Marshal stack.

Would they kick me out before I get to wipeout on the drums?

Only if there really is a God. Don't forget to play Miami Vice, after Jump.

Actually, I play a meddly that includes Imagine, Let It Be, Layla ending, and Great Gig in the Sky among others. A veritable feast of simple but fun piano stuff. Please excuse any nausea you may experience as a result.
              learjeff.net

Comment

Beethoven - Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor, Op. 59 ("F

Comment

Who's up for the organ intro to "freebird"?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBzUfjkdPq4

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by learjeff
                      View Post

I'm going to be checking out these simple pieces. My wife is beginning to tire of Moonlight Sonata (which also probably fits the topic, especially as I only play the first movement.)

That Sebastian Teller tune at least has a nice syncopation going on, and wouldn't be easy for a lot of beginners to play. I dig stuff like that. Another example might be Jeff Beck's Freeway Jam. The Teller tune seems to want a lead on it, though, and 14 minutes of it is a bit undulgent. Doesn't really make me miss my CP70 either. ;-)

No hate here; still one of my favs. First song I ever learned to play on piano, too.
                      Gear: Alchemy - Yamaha Mox6 - Roland Gaia - Plugiator - GSI Burn

Comment

"Over Easy" - Bill Boyd

This is from the book "Jazz Bits and Pieces". Unlike too many other "easy" piano books, this one has pieces that actually sound good.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by learjeff
                          View Post

No hate here, either. And it's smack in the middle of one of the best album sides ever recorded.

I love the long version of Make Me Smile (Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon).

(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRDm6ludz6s

Dadgum Peter Cetera, messed up one of the best bands ever, grumble, grouse...

ComputerMusicGuide.com

Comment

I like threads like this. Life is too short for snobbery. If you like something, enjoy it. Simple as that.
                            Maybe forgiveness is right where you fell...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIyaRdYgPXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH5bL_XbO64

Comment

Working...
                              X