Keys, Synths & Samplers Purchase

bigfatskinny

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by bigfatskinny View Post
Lol...........I don't know {censored} about keys but
I want something that can do all the above...........I don't even know how the play but I want something to write with and use live if I need it.............please be gentle and enjoy love.gif
Start here: http://www.vintagesynth.com/

Expect to spend a few hours reading before you start to have a handle on what's out there.

Come back when you know some {censored}, and have a more specific question.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by SoundwaveLove View Post
Start here: http://www.vintagesynth.com/

Expect to spend a few hours reading before you start to have a handle on what's out there.

Come back when you know some {censored}, and have a more specific question.
Well if I wanted something to cover stuff like Stabbing Westward, NIN, Skinny Puppy, Rammstein, Ministry......industrial type

• Members

There's no magical gear that will make you sound like those artists. They've spent decades learning sound design and developing their own unique styles.

That said, we all have to start somewhere and these days it's much cheaper (and a bit easier) to sound like Trent Reznor than it was 15-20 years ago. If your'e dead set on buying hardware like synths, samplers, and effects, be prepared to shell out a few grand at least. Korg Kronos and a Sherman Fiterbank might be a good place to start for a comprehensive, compact and simple setup. If you don't mind using a computer then just purchase Native Instruments Reaktor (or Komplete). That certainly has the ability to get you that sound. Either way, just be prepared to spend the next year learning how to use the gear/software and the next 5-10 years developing your sound design skills and mimicking their compositional styles.

Archived