cresshead

• Members
Garageband:
More smart instruments please!
user loading of samples for the drum machine
for new ipad and ipad 4 - 16 track support
proper mixer with faders please!

Korg iPlolySix:
replace the hideous sequencer page with something that's more readable as the piano roll page is VERY difficult to get on with...the TINY red l.e.d that denote that you have a note playing is DIMMER than the white button!....facepalm.gif
serously...go ahead keep that if you want but give actual users the option of a page they can SEE their data they are entering!

Same with the drum edit sequencer page...LIGHT UP drum notes and not just a TINY red l.e.d. that's dimmer than the white button .... or grey button!

take a look at DM1's edit page...easy isn't it?

DM1
longer patterns please..64 step
time signatures other than 4/4

sharing of user created sample based kits

Sunrizer
add a sequencer/basic drum track and maybe give us 2 synths to play with!
basically go down the ipolysix route but with proper sequencer pages and drum edit pages we can USE!

Animoog
add a drum kit to the 4 track area so we can sketchout ideas with just the Animoog.

Loopy
If ios and the ipad hardware can stand it...can we have 16 or 24 loops and maybe the option to chain loops?

Korg iMS20
love it already but anything extra would be...well really cool!

thanks for listening!

• Members

iElectribe needs note sequencing so that it is possible to grab control of bass lines and whatnot.

For the most part though I am sorry to say that I have lost interest in iPad music-making for the time being. It is just me. My iPad version 1 is showing its "age" too - slow and crashes lot on many web sites. It gets used mostly for reading, surfing, note-taking (still fine with NoteTakerHD), and watching stuff on YT or Netflix.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There are some Rhodes sounds in Sampletank but I'm not sure if it supports a sustain pedal. I have a Kontrol49 and it doesn't see it.

C3B3 sounds ok but doesn't support swell pedal on my rig, or midi control of Leslie speed, draw bars, percussion, etc..

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by willi

View Post

C3B3 sounds ok but doesn't support swell pedal on my rig, or midi control of Leslie speed, draw bars, percussion, etc..

I think it responds to "volume" and also "sustain" as the Leslie speed? I have a cheap Samson Carbon 49 controller coming in today and I'll check it out when/if I find my camera connection dongle facepalm.gif .

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
I think it responds to "volume" and also "sustain" as the Leslie speed? I have a cheap Samson Carbon 49 controller coming in today and I'll check it out when/if I find my camera connection dongle facepalm.gif .
Nope, sustain doesn't hook up to the Leslie speed frown.gif although it looks like I can remap, here's a map of the C3B3 functions:
- Upper Drawbars: cc #70 to #78, midi channel 1
- Lower Drawbars: cc #70 to #78, midi channel 2
- Pedal Drawbars: cc #70 and #71, midi channel 3
- Leslie Run/Stop: cc #81
- Leslie Slow/Fast: cc #80
- Upper Vibrato: cc #85
- Lower Vibrato: cc #86
- V/C Knob: cc #87
- K-Click: cc #93
- Percussion On/Off: cc #94
- Percussion Volume: cc #102
- Percussion Decay: cc #103
- Percussion Harm.: cc #95
- Reverb: cc #82
- Overdrive: cc #111
- Preset Keys C#-A#: Program Changes 1 to 10

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
Nope, sustain doesn't hook up to the Leslie speed frown.gif although it looks like I can remap, here's a map of the C3B3 functions:
- Upper Drawbars: cc #70 to #78, midi channel 1
- Lower Drawbars: cc #70 to #78, midi channel 2
- Pedal Drawbars: cc #70 and #71, midi channel 3
- Leslie Run/Stop: cc #81
- Leslie Slow/Fast: cc #80
- Upper Vibrato: cc #85
- Lower Vibrato: cc #86
- V/C Knob: cc #87
- K-Click: cc #93
- Percussion On/Off: cc #94
- Percussion Volume: cc #102
- Percussion Decay: cc #103
- Percussion Harm.: cc #95
- Reverb: cc #82
- Overdrive: cc #111
- Preset Keys C#-A#: Program Changes 1 to 10
Thanks! This info got me going.

Sampletank does support sustain on CC64; I came to realize my Kontrol49 doesn't like my Yamaha FC3 half damper foot pedal.

Archived