Do you know X-stand 2nd tier attachments Quik Lok QLX-3 or On Stage KSA-7500?

itorres008

• Members

Hello,
I wanted to know something about the construction of the QLX-3. I'm interested in adjusting the depth or the tier and I know the QLX-3 is not adjustable, but I can't find the QLX-1 which is, at a good price.

So my question is about the forward end of the tier bars that form an "L" shape to hold the keyboard and prevent it form sliding forward. Is that assembly part of the tube or welded there, or is it a cap that is just fixed around the tube by pressure?

I ask because if it is only a cap, if I find the upper tier protruding forward too much I could cut the tubes and re-attach the caps.

The same applies to the KSA-7500. Although they advertise a part replacement kit which includes the L-shaped equipment rest/end cap which means it is removable, it is not height adjustable as the QLX-3.

Thanks for your help.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by the_big_e View Post
As far as I know that L is just a plastic end cap on the tube.
Thanks, big_e. I thought it would be an end cap, too. A rep from B&H Photo, which sells it, just wrote me "The end will be part of the bar. You can not remove it. "
I presume you don't have one, you are remembering more or less, right? From this picture it seems to have a rivet or screw at the end.
QLX3.jpg

The OnStage KSA-7500 just has an endcap. It's an option, but it's not height adjustable which I preferred.
onstage_ksa7500.jpg

If you (or anybody else) actually have a QLX-3 on hand, please confirm if the "L" is fixed and not a cap like the rep told me.

Thanks.

Archived