Did I just score the gear deal of the century ?

U&I

• Members

Actual image of the unit in question - now that I've fixed up the ram issues and got the latest firmware installed (it's all running 100% as expected)

PageImage-484274-4332437-DSC01928.JPG

Dare i admit it was on sale @ Long & McQuade Toronto for under 1K on Boxing Day ?

• Members

sounds good!
yeah, L+M can have some great deals. They have a policy of only marking up trade-ins 33% (if you make a bad trade-in the next lucky guy will get the reward, not the store) and they have quite the back stock of rental equipment for sale. The "bargain attic" sale in the fall can be insane - line-ups for hours just to get in.

I've scored a korg prophecy for $80, a dx200 for $75, an ensoniq dp4 for $40 and an mc307 for $60 (amongst other more reasonable deals!) from them in the past.

I wish I had any sort of interest in the new Casio XW keyboards - they were blowing them out for $150 for the one model and $199 for the other brand new in box on boxing day.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 13ghostsofscoobydoo View Post
Wow. That is a great deal. Congrats. I've read some users' frustrations about workflow. How are you getting on with it at the moment?

Its complex no doubt about it but the actual live performance aspect of it is very intuitive IMHO.
The sequencing / synthesis and file management take getting your head around and it is going to be some time before we're a comfortable fit.
All this can be forgiven for the sound quality though which is superb to say the least.
Lots under the hood and the sort of depth you'd expect in a modular for example.
It's not so hideous as to be a buzz kill though - it is just going to take patience to master.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gordonwiebe View Post
sounds good!
yeah, L+M can have some great deals. They have a policy of only marking up trade-ins 33% (if you make a bad trade-in the next lucky guy will get the reward, not the store) and they have quite the back stock of rental equipment for sale. The "bargain attic" sale in the fall can be insane - line-ups for hours just to get in.

I've scored a korg prophecy for $80, a dx200 for $75, an ensoniq dp4 for $40 and an mc307 for $60 (amongst other more reasonable deals!) from them in the past.

I wish I had any sort of interest in the new Casio XW keyboards - they were blowing them out for $150 for the one model and $199 for the other brand new in box on boxing day.

I had to run as they had an MS2000R for $225 in very good condition also but I don't really need it (would have been an impulse buy) and I pretty much have my dream studio set up now.

Korg Z1
Nord 2X Rack
Supernova II Rack
Spectralis 2
Monomachine
Machinedrum
Analog 4
Dave Smith Evolver Desktop
Maschine
Logic

I am not used to sales like this in Australia so I can't believe the price this went for - it's in great condition.

Archived