Okay, what did you get for Christmas?

midinut

• Members

I noticed that the December 2012 New Gear thread fell off to page 3 so I thought I'd throw this out there for S&G.

The best girlfriend EVAR got me these (bless her heart):

kk_md_zps8214bde3.jpg
catalyst1-225_zpsa6093b01.jpgrein-225_zps192b8c4a.jpg

Yes, I think I will go do something extra special for her ... what a keeper!! thumb.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jacket, a wallet, and some socks which I'm thankful for. 0's toll on the economy and increased regulatory expenses took much of our Christmas fund this year but we've had so many great past ones it's all good...smile.gif

EDIT: after reading some of your posts I see a lot of us were in the same boat this year. Don't feel so bad anymore..icon_lol.gif

• Members

Nothing synth related this year, just some stuff for my bass: a nice padded leather strap from Long Hollow (not the magical strap I thought I was getting that makes my bass weightless, but a definite improvement from the Fender pack-in I'd been using), and a used BBE Sonic Stomp pedal (which I may be returning, because the seller didn't say it was missing the battery cover and had scratchy pots mad.gif Hopefully Amazon will help out with the process).

Nothing spectacular, and as long as the problem with the pedal gets sorted without hassle, I'll be alright.

• Members

i got some Towels!

on the music front... bought "loopy" for ipad and akai's iMPC app...
Loopy is a pretty cool music app that i'm using to sketch out ideas with my minibrute and korg electibe.

i'm waiting for Namm 2013 to see if any of the big 3 have the BALLS to put out an analogue synth with a real keyboard, midi and usb!

• Members

I also bought Aalto at the sale price. I am going to pick up one other sub-hundred dollar plugin for Christmas - maybe Permut8.

There is not a single computer game that I want right now so my expenditure during Steam's holiday sale is nil.

Otherwise I got a really big Christmas surprise. Our furnace fan motor burned out yesterday (Christmas day)! We heated the house using our gas fireplace until our HVAC guy out here early this AM. Ka-chink! Don't you just love those unexpected household maintenance requirements? I was surprised how well the fireplace did really.

• Members

Okay, let me say at the onset this a whiney response.

What did I get for Xmas? Aside from some home-baked goods from relatives and a really nice scarf, I got a: can of chili, a jar of lame peanut butter, and some pecan-favored maple syrup ( to eat on pancakes I never make)
Who did I get those gifts from? My millionaire dad.
A year ago he set into motion financial activities that directly led to the deletion of my career, studio, way of life,residence, and ability to take care of my child. Seriously. I lost everything and am penniless, having to move in with my GF ( who has advanced MS). She pays for my food, medications, internet. My dad was on MY phone plan ( which I paid for) but when he put me in poverty, the phone went bye-bye. Of course he bought a new phone and got his own plan, he'll spend money on that. He will also spend money on maintaining a 5k sq.foot home where he lives alone, putting a new roof on his gazebo, buying professional grade lawn equipment, spending 13K on tree-removal, flying on a whim to VA for a party, etc, while sitting on stocks, mutuals, bonds, IRA, CDs, annuities, insurance policies, and 3 properties.
I (nor he) have not seen my son in nearly a year because I have no car and cannot afford to travel to him or have him see me. Apparently he doesn't want to see my kid, his grandson.
The culmination of my 30-year career now resides in the back of kid's pizza shop, my studio, bought at an auction for 10K. This kid has ZERO knowledge of what this gear does, yet alone how to hook it up and make music with it. I was kept totally in the dark about the auction's existence.

• Members

Ouch!

Nobody really gives me anything, except a tin of home made cookies that my mom and dad make and send for my family. They are elderly and my mom has a hard time moving around, so the work they put into this is extraordinary and I appreciate that more than anything they could buy. You know, it is a little piece of my childhood.

I prefer to give stuff away anyway.

Archived