Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will HC Forums Suck Forever?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nearly started a thread about the same problem.

You type a 2-page-long message, hit "submit" and you get a "Website not responding blah blah blah" message.

You have 1 chance in 298,837,001 to retype the exact 2-page-long message.

I've been having this problem for at least 3 or 4 months. Maybe longer. I don't even remember. But it really sucks.

If there are any people who left this place, it's probably mostly because of it.

So remember: if you're going to type a long message, let's say to a friend on here, through that (incredibly ridiculous) messaging "system", copy and paste the text into a word program *before* you hit "submit".
    Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
    You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
    Click here to search HC forums.
    SoundClick
    SoundCloud
    YouTube

Comment

You type a 2-page-long message, hit "submit" and you get a "Website not responding blah blah blah" message.

I've been having this problem for at least 3 or 4 months. Maybe longer. I don't even remember. But it really sucks.

If there are any people who left this place, it's probably mostly because of it.

So remember: if you're going to type a long message, let's say to a friend on here, through that (incredibly ridiculous) messaging "system", copy and paste the text into a word program *before* you hit "submit".
      Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
      You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
      Click here to search HC forums.
      SoundClick
      SoundCloud
      YouTube

Comment

I've do that. Also copy if the page just sits there. Really though should compose on Notepad at least. The upgrade's free.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I've do that. Also copy if the page just sits there. Really though should compose on Notepad at least. The upgrade's free.
          Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

slow as molasses
            the difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference
            Album out now! http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cosmicpassenger
            http://www.vimeo.com/user772171/videos

Comment

slow as molasses
              the difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no difference
              Album out now! http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/cosmicpassenger
              http://www.vimeo.com/user772171/videos

Comment

"I nearly started a thread about the same problem.

I've been having this problem for at least 3 or 4 months. Maybe longer. I don't even remember. But it really sucks."

My sentiments exactly... yesterday I tried to post something and got the 'not responding' thing also...very frustrating. I could not even get on later in the evening. I surf regularly on many forums and this is the ONLY one that has these issues.
                Maarkr HW: Privia PX-5S, Casio XW-P1, Juno-G, Lucina... Epi Les Paul, Schecter C-1, Peavey Valve King 112, Mesa Boogie 2x12, Ovation Celebrity, Ibanez Gio Bass... Alesis D5 EDrums, Yamaha HS-80s w sub, Saffire Pro 24 thru Mackie Big Knob; Live: EV ZLX12P, Behringer B315D, Peavey PV118D, Roland KC550, Zoom R-16... SW: Reason 6, Sonar Platinum, Reaper, Acid, IKMultimedia , UAD1...

Comment

"I nearly started a thread about the same problem.

I've been having this problem for at least 3 or 4 months. Maybe longer. I don't even remember. But it really sucks."

My sentiments exactly... yesterday I tried to post something and got the 'not responding' thing also...very frustrating. I could not even get on later in the evening. I surf regularly on many forums and this is the ONLY one that has these issues.
                  Maarkr HW: Privia PX-5S, Casio XW-P1, Juno-G, Lucina... Epi Les Paul, Schecter C-1, Peavey Valve King 112, Mesa Boogie 2x12, Ovation Celebrity, Ibanez Gio Bass... Alesis D5 EDrums, Yamaha HS-80s w sub, Saffire Pro 24 thru Mackie Big Knob; Live: EV ZLX12P, Behringer B315D, Peavey PV118D, Roland KC550, Zoom R-16... SW: Reason 6, Sonar Platinum, Reaper, Acid, IKMultimedia , UAD1...

Comment

I suggest we relocate this forum elsewhere and periodically come back and point people to the new site.
                    -------------------------------
                    Michael
                    Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
                    27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
                    http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

I suggest we relocate this forum elsewhere and periodically come back and point people to the new site.
                      -------------------------------
                      Michael
                      Jupiter-50, MOX6, TI Polar, Moog LP, Korg Micro X, JV-1080
                      27" iMac, DP 7.24, Omnisphere, Alchemy, many more...
                      http://www.youtube.com/keybdwizrd

Comment

That's a good idea. The mast is snapped and there's a leak in the hull. Let's move to a smaller boat. I'm willing to row.

Comment

That's a good idea. The mast is snapped and there's a leak in the hull. Let's move to a smaller boat. I'm willing to row.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd
                            View Post

Good idea - it'll make lurking much easier.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by keybdwizrd
                              View Post

Good idea - it'll make lurking much easier.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mediterranean
                                View Post

That is why I've been using the "copy before post" method for over 6 months. I only do it for posts over 2 lines.

You don't have to paste it to Word since it will stay in the paste buffer until you copy something else or your computer crashes.

Sad times indeed...
                                I synth, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X