Collapse
No announcement yet.

Korg DSS-1 upgrade finished - 16MB RAM, 1.44 MB FD, USB, & more

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hoping to break even - I am asking $495 plus shipping/insurance, which is what I paid. It's in the same condition as when it arrived on my doorstep from Tom, never left the stand I put it on in my studio. Tom's page says he's still sold out, so hopefully someone in need of one right now can grab mine. It also has an SD card with the original DSS-1 library, so it's ready to go.

Comment

• Mine's still for sale...still asking the $495 but I'll throw in shipping via Fed Ex. When I bought it, shipping from Tom to me was about $60. I'm also selling a DW-8000 as well....

Comment

• I may be interested.
        I will know more by mid may
        Peace & Love, Lord Toranaga.

Comment

• Any news about the new boards?

Comment

• I've stopped work on the new boards. Too many issues with the new USB and floppy controller. Jim has not had time to deal with these issues.

However I've done a different design, which is a smaller board that plugs into the stock factory DSS-1 CPU board. It is more work to install (instead of simply doing a board swap) but it will be less expensive and use all the same parts as the original mod.
            The boards are being manufactured now. I should be seeing them by early July.

Sorry for the delays, between the issues mentioned above, new job, baby, etc. I haven't had much time to work on the project. I haven't given up yet though.

I also have clones of the ASR-10 and EPS16 SCSI boards available, as well as the DI-10 digital IO board for the ASR-10 available.

Comment

• Any news on these?
              lots of gear and not a computer in sight.

Comment

• Any update on the new board revision? I know Tom has had his hands full.
                Live for Nothing, or Die For Something - John Rambo

Comment

• For anyone interested, I just heard from the developer via email. Apparently he's hoping to resume work on the new upgrade boards soon.

Comment

• For anyone interested, I just heard from the developer via email. Apparently he's hoping to resume work on the new upgrade boards soon.

Thank you for the info. I may be interested in getting that for my DSS-1
                    Shoemakers wear the worst shoes.
                    You left your ISO on Auto. That's a no-no.
                    Click here to search HC forums.
                    SoundClick
                    SoundCloud
                    YouTube

Comment

• I wish I would have jumped on the 1st run! I bought my DSS when I learned of this upgrade...the beast sounds so good, I'm looking forward to the new features!

Comment

• Thanks, been waiting for this for awhile.
                        lots of gear and not a computer in sight.

Comment

• I'm pretty anxious for this upgrade too
                          this sig no verb

Comment

• I've started making the boards again. The first batch of new pcb's arrived this week and, time permitting, will be ready in a few weeks. My time is a lot more limited than before, so delivery will be slow initially. Send me a PM if you're interested.

-Tom

The new kit is $250 plus $50 for installation, unless you want to do it yourself. New LCD or Floppy drive not included.

Comment

• I'm having GAS for one of these bad boy

Comment

• My old web address is no longer valid, thanks to the termination of Mobile Me. My new address is http://www.straylightengineering.com

I've started shipping the new kits, so if you're interested, or want to buy an already modified unit (currently 4 available), send me an email at tomvirostek@mac.com. I've also had to raise the installation fee from $50 to $100 (to do just the boards) or $150 (to do the whole instrument). It's a time consuming process that's impossible to do in one hour.

Comment

• wjmwpg
                                  wjmwpg commented
                                  Editing a comment

Hello,

Can anyone confirm that a Virostek/StrayLight upgraded DSS-1 remains fully compatible with the KiwiTechnics Patch Editor? 

If I missed the answer while scanning the previous 18 pages of this thread I apologize. :womanwink:

Working...
                              X