AHHHHH!!!!!!!!! wrist is starting to hurt a little ....Big gig comming .! what

minimoog

• Members

Hot water sounds kinda extreme and I can't see that one could achieve, o ... wait, put what in hot water?

Ice sounds extreme too.
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...-sore-muscles/

I use Capsaicin for strained muscles and ligaments. This stuff is the hot ingredient in hot peppers and works better than anything else you can get over the counter. It's also merciless. Should you wish to try it, get advice from the pharmacist and follow the instructions explicitly until you get familiar with it.
If the injury is really bad, you have to stop. No way around it.

• Members

If you are having issues from computer use, then I would suggest searching on the web for ways to reduce strain on your wrists while working. You really need to make sure that you use the right combination of chair, monitor height, and wrist rest. Believe it or not, our annual (mandatory) safety training includes a unit on office ergonomics and our company (3M) provides a workstation analysis service (and the equipment necessary) for helping to prevent and/or recover from injuries sustained by compression and/or repetitive motion.

A *long* time ago, I had an issue with a numb-feeling thumb once. My doctor explained that it was probably due to an inflammation around the nerves that come from my upper thorax down into my arm. I realized immediately that I had been playing video games at home sitting in a cheap old-fashioned director's style chair and that one of the pieces of the chair back frame was poking right in there. I spent some money for a good chair and took some ibuprofen daily for about a week and the problem went away.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I use Capsaicin for strained muscles and ligaments. This stuff is the hot ingredient in hot peppers and works better than anything else you can get over the counter. It's also merciless.

There's hours of low effort fun to be had if you can convince a friend to put that stuff on their genitals or bum hole. It's even better if after about 20 minutes you can pretend to feel bad about it and tell them it's ok 'cos toothpaste neutralises the effect.
:smileytongue:

Archived