Gino on Tour

Synthaholic

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by burster View Post
The Variety Playhouse is in the heart of Little Five Points. Go early so you can check out all of the shops.

Junk Mans Daughter is interesting
Savage Pizza has a great meatball subs
Fellini's Pizza has a great pizza
Thanks! Who has great parking? 04.gif

I haven't been to Little Five Points since I lived in Atlanta in the 1980s. I'm hoping it hasn't changed too much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Son of HuHefner View Post
let us know if Joe Vanelli is on keys. I had most of Gino's albums/CD's. Very talented performer and song writer. Good to read he is performing and on tour.
I seriously doubt Joe will be there. He hasn't played with Gino since around 1992. He has a studio in Agoura Hills, California called 'Blue Moon'.

http://www.bluemoonstudiola.com/

• Members

hey you like what you like, I just always found both music and lyrics ultra corny and croony. If he couldnt use a maj7 chord or a maj7 chord with 2 in the bass ( some of you call those 11th chords) and min7 with the 2 replacing the tonic and the 5th on top, then you wouldnt have any songs left over.

• Members

I always liked Gino Vannelli's music. His fame originally stemmed from his late 70s / early 80s 'soft rock' hits, but he was/is a very solid songwriter, musician, and vocalist.

It's really a shame that songwriters like Vannelli largely fell out of favor after it was no longer considered "cool" to write heartfelt songs about love. He still has devoted fans, but he hasn't charted a hit in probably 20 years -- which to me is more an indicator of the direction popular music has taken.

There's a whole fraternity of great songwriters from that era who probably wouldn't even get a shot at fame today -- Stephen Bishop, Andrew Gold, Dan Fogelberg, David Pack (Ambrosia), Gino Vannelli, Christopher Cross, David Gates, Sonny Geraci, Nicolette Larson, Gerry Rafferty, etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived