Sending SYSEX dump to Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard

Iamthesky

• Members

Has anyone successfully taken a sysex dump from a Blokey and sent it to another (or the same) one?

I've mostly been using MIDI-OX (I've tried a couple of other things too), and by setting the buffer size to 1024 I can get the Blokey to say it's receiving the sysex data, but it hangs there.  I've tried increasing the delay from 60ms to 250ms and it still does it.

I upgraded the Blokey firmware to 1.16B2 (from 1.15) and that makes no difference.  I've updated MIDI-OX to the latest beta which supposedly handles sysex better, and that makes no difference.

With a couple of dozen patches built on my first Blokey, and with a gig coming up at the end of next week, I'm getting a little desperate in my attempts to make the second one mirror the first.  It would be a mighty pain to program every single parameter for every single patch manually from one to the other.

Any ideas?

• Members

I have at least a partial answer to my own question.

MIDI-OX seems to have problems with large sysex dumps.  I found that I could dump and send a sound bank at a time, which was plenty good enough to do the job for me.

Waldorf themselves responded quickly to my email support enquiry and said they use Cubase with no problems at all.

Archived