Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Anyone using a stool?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a stool?

I currently stand when I play but I'm thinking of using a stool. On songs where I do a lot of pedal-work my knee gets a little achey. Any stool recommendations or thoughts?
    Check my band: SoulPlay - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TH9-e4FmaE
    Key Rig: Alesis Fusion 8HD; Alesis Vortex Keytar; Toshiba i7 laptop running Cantabile VST host with IK Multimedia Total Workstation Bundle, NI Vintage Organs, Tyrell N6, Sylenth1, Imperfect Samples Walnut Concert Grand, NI FM8; Tascam US-1641 USB MIDI/Audio Interface; 2 x RCF Art 310-A MK III series monitors.

I use this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Throne/

Comment

• Synthaholic
      Synthaholic commented
      Editing a comment

kbeaumont wrote:

I use that also, and have liked it. Although, I am beginning to suspect it has played a role in some recent lower back pain. The seat gets bad with time. I need to look into a replacement, if they make one.

Comment

I use Yamaha's strongest drum throne.

Comment

I use Yamaha's strongest drum throne.

Comment

I use one of these - Onstage KT7800 Bench. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Bench/

A traditional piano bench that is both sturdy and stable. It folds down flat with no screws or threaded connnections to deal with. It's a reasonably comfortable bench (comfortably wide enough and soft enough).
          The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
          www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
          Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
          Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

I use one of these - Onstage KT7800 Bench. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Bench/

A traditional piano bench that is both sturdy and stable. It folds down flat with no screws or threaded connnections to deal with. It's a reasonably comfortable bench (comfortably wide enough and soft enough).
            The SpaceNorman

www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
            Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
              View Post

I use something similar. Lets you shift around a little bit for playing 88 keys.
              Hi Mom!

Comment

View Post

I use something similar. Lets you shift around a little bit for playing 88 keys.
                Hi Mom!

Comment

View Post

I got one of these as well. Love mine. I'm 285 lbs and I seem to remember it having a 300lb limit so I'm good. I like sitting for the most part. I still get up and jam with the guys on most of the faster tunes. When I sit, I feel I can finesse things better and, as was said above, I can control the pedals better and don't have to do the 'pedal dance" when I stand and use it a lot. I always have stood in the past but a) I'm getting old (54) and b) see reason a)
                  Korg Kronos 61 :: Korg M3-73 Xpanded (w/Radias board) :: Behringer B212A Powered Speaker :: Variax 300 Sunburst :: PODx3 Live! :: Epiphone Acoustic Guitar :: Mandolin :: Steinberg Cubase 7.5 :: Omnisphere :: Trilian :: V-Collection :: Korg Legacy Collection :: SampleTank 2 XL :: Sonik Synth 2 :: Ravenscroft Piano :: Komplete 9 Ultimate :: VB3 :: Just Way Too Many VST's

Comment

View Post

I got one of these as well. Love mine. I'm 285 lbs and I seem to remember it having a 300lb limit so I'm good. I like sitting for the most part. I still get up and jam with the guys on most of the faster tunes. When I sit, I feel I can finesse things better and, as was said above, I can control the pedals better and don't have to do the 'pedal dance" when I stand and use it a lot. I always have stood in the past but a) I'm getting old (54) and b) see reason a)
                    Korg Kronos 61 :: Korg M3-73 Xpanded (w/Radias board) :: Behringer B212A Powered Speaker :: Variax 300 Sunburst :: PODx3 Live! :: Epiphone Acoustic Guitar :: Mandolin :: Steinberg Cubase 7.5 :: Omnisphere :: Trilian :: V-Collection :: Korg Legacy Collection :: SampleTank 2 XL :: Sonik Synth 2 :: Ravenscroft Piano :: Komplete 9 Ultimate :: VB3 :: Just Way Too Many VST's

Comment

I would much rather sit in a throne than sit in stool.
                      SPAM - Korg Poly-800 w/ Moog Slayer mod $250 shipped CONUS
                      Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
                      E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping
                      Roland S-10 sampler, power cord, manual, and disks, great shape $100 + shipping (I just don't have room for it)

Comment

I would much rather sit in a throne than sit in stool.
                        SPAM - Korg Poly-800 w/ Moog Slayer mod $250 shipped CONUS
                        Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
                        E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping
                        Roland S-10 sampler, power cord, manual, and disks, great shape $100 + shipping (I just don't have room for it)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by midinut
                          View Post

Agreed - pedals play a big part in how I control my rig. I use expression pedals to bring layered sounds in and out of the mix (i.e., strings or horn stabs over a piano voice, etc.), a switch pedal to turn a Leslie sim on/off. I also make use of the sustain pedals as a means to make smoother transitions between parts played on different keyboards. It's very common to find that I'm using two pedals simultaneously.

You and I are roughly the same size and age ... and any way you slice it, just not into the idea of standing around like a flamingo all night long (i.e., standing on one foot - working pedals with the other!). Seated is the only way to go for me!
                          The SpaceNorman

www.souldoutrocks.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by midinut
                            View Post

Agreed - pedals play a big part in how I control my rig. I use expression pedals to bring layered sounds in and out of the mix (i.e., strings or horn stabs over a piano voice, etc.), a switch pedal to turn a Leslie sim on/off. I also make use of the sustain pedals as a means to make smoother transitions between parts played on different keyboards. It's very common to find that I'm using two pedals simultaneously.

You and I are roughly the same size and age ... and any way you slice it, just not into the idea of standing around like a flamingo all night long (i.e., standing on one foot - working pedals with the other!). Seated is the only way to go for me!
                            The SpaceNorman

www.souldoutrocks.com

Comment

Working...
                            X