X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a stool?

I currently stand when I play but I'm thinking of using a stool. On songs where I do a lot of pedal-work my knee gets a little achey. Any stool recommendations or thoughts?
    Check my band: SoulPlay - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TH9-e4FmaE
    Key Rig: Alesis Fusion 8HD; Alesis Vortex Keytar; Toshiba i7 laptop running Cantabile VST host with IK Multimedia Total Workstation Bundle, NI Vintage Organs, Tyrell N6, Sylenth1, Imperfect Samples Walnut Concert Grand, NI FM8; Tascam US-1641 USB MIDI/Audio Interface; 2 x RCF Art 310-A MK III series monitors.

I use this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Throne/

Comment

• Synthaholic
      Synthaholic commented
      Editing a comment

kbeaumont wrote:

I use that also, and have liked it. Although, I am beginning to suspect it has played a role in some recent lower back pain. The seat gets bad with time. I need to look into a replacement, if they make one.

Comment

I use Yamaha's strongest drum throne.

Comment

I use Yamaha's strongest drum throne.

Comment

I use one of these - Onstage KT7800 Bench. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Bench/

A traditional piano bench that is both sturdy and stable. It folds down flat with no screws or threaded connnections to deal with. It's a reasonably comfortable bench (comfortably wide enough and soft enough).
          The SpaceNorman

www.facebook.com/SuperstarsOfRock
          www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
          Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.
          Stage Amplification: Stereo via 2 Yamaha DSR112s

Comment

I use one of these - Onstage KT7800 Bench. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Bench/

A traditional piano bench that is both sturdy and stable. It folds down flat with no screws or threaded connnections to deal with. It's a reasonably comfortable bench (comfortably wide enough and soft enough).
            The SpaceNorman

www.souldoutrocks.com

Keyboards and Tone Generators: Yamaha CP300, Kronos 88, Roland AX Synth, Motif ES Rack
            Keyboard Rack: Samson SM10 Line Mixer, Motu MIDIExpressXT MIDI Interface, Shure PSM200 IEM system, M-Audio Wireless MIDI, Live Wires IEM ear buds, iPad wOnSong.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceNorman
              View Post

I use something similar. Lets you shift around a little bit for playing 88 keys.
              Hi Mom!

Comment

View Post

I use something similar. Lets you shift around a little bit for playing 88 keys.
                Hi Mom!

Comment

View Post

I got one of these as well. Love mine. I'm 285 lbs and I seem to remember it having a 300lb limit so I'm good. I like sitting for the most part. I still get up and jam with the guys on most of the faster tunes. When I sit, I feel I can finesse things better and, as was said above, I can control the pedals better and don't have to do the 'pedal dance" when I stand and use it a lot. I always have stood in the past but a) I'm getting old (54) and b) see reason a)
                  Korg Kronos 61 :: Korg M3-73 Xpanded (w/Radias board) :: Behringer B212A Powered Speaker :: Variax 300 Sunburst :: PODx3 Live! :: Epiphone Acoustic Guitar :: Mandolin :: Steinberg Cubase 7.5 :: Omnisphere :: Trilian :: V-Collection :: Korg Legacy Collection :: SampleTank 2 XL :: Sonik Synth 2 :: Ravenscroft Piano :: Komplete 9 Ultimate :: VB3 :: Just Way Too Many VST's

Comment

View Post

I got one of these as well. Love mine. I'm 285 lbs and I seem to remember it having a 300lb limit so I'm good. I like sitting for the most part. I still get up and jam with the guys on most of the faster tunes. When I sit, I feel I can finesse things better and, as was said above, I can control the pedals better and don't have to do the 'pedal dance" when I stand and use it a lot. I always have stood in the past but a) I'm getting old (54) and b) see reason a)
                    Korg Kronos 61 :: Korg M3-73 Xpanded (w/Radias board) :: Behringer B212A Powered Speaker :: Variax 300 Sunburst :: PODx3 Live! :: Epiphone Acoustic Guitar :: Mandolin :: Steinberg Cubase 7.5 :: Omnisphere :: Trilian :: V-Collection :: Korg Legacy Collection :: SampleTank 2 XL :: Sonik Synth 2 :: Ravenscroft Piano :: Komplete 9 Ultimate :: VB3 :: Just Way Too Many VST's

Comment

I would much rather sit in a throne than sit in stool.
                      SPAM - Korg Poly-800 w/ Moog Slayer mod $250 shipped CONUS
                      Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
                      E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping
                      Roland S-10 sampler, power cord, manual, and disks, great shape $100 + shipping (I just don't have room for it)

Comment

I would much rather sit in a throne than sit in stool.
                        SPAM - Korg Poly-800 w/ Moog Slayer mod $250 shipped CONUS
                        Spunkytoofers Rabbit Hole (circuitbent PS-2) $300 shipped CONUS
                        E-Mu Ultraproteus, power cord, good shape (minor rack wear) $225 + shipping
                        Roland S-10 sampler, power cord, manual, and disks, great shape $100 + shipping (I just don't have room for it)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by midinut
                          View Post

Agreed - pedals play a big part in how I control my rig. I use expression pedals to bring layered sounds in and out of the mix (i.e., strings or horn stabs over a piano voice, etc.), a switch pedal to turn a Leslie sim on/off. I also make use of the sustain pedals as a means to make smoother transitions between parts played on different keyboards. It's very common to find that I'm using two pedals simultaneously.

You and I are roughly the same size and age ... and any way you slice it, just not into the idea of standing around like a flamingo all night long (i.e., standing on one foot - working pedals with the other!). Seated is the only way to go for me!
                          The SpaceNorman

www.souldoutrocks.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by midinut
                            View Post

Agreed - pedals play a big part in how I control my rig. I use expression pedals to bring layered sounds in and out of the mix (i.e., strings or horn stabs over a piano voice, etc.), a switch pedal to turn a Leslie sim on/off. I also make use of the sustain pedals as a means to make smoother transitions between parts played on different keyboards. It's very common to find that I'm using two pedals simultaneously.

You and I are roughly the same size and age ... and any way you slice it, just not into the idea of standing around like a flamingo all night long (i.e., standing on one foot - working pedals with the other!). Seated is the only way to go for me!
                            The SpaceNorman

www.souldoutrocks.com

Comment

Working...
                            X