Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

JG3 FOLDING MIDI ORGAN (JUST RELEASED)!!!!!!!!!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG3 FOLDING MIDI ORGAN (JUST RELEASED)!!!!!!!!!!

A new folding midi organ controller with 10 controllable drawbars including one for the bass pedals, 10 presets, and 10 buttons to control organ characteristics such as leslie, percussion, chorus, etc... Fully midi maable... and folds to fit inside an airplane carryon bag... only 25 lbs... and folds to a size of 18 by 10 by 10...

Use with any laptop software or sound module... amazingly portable...

http://www.foldingorgan.com

organclosed2.jpg

organopen6.jpg

Attached Files

Very cool. I don't have need for an organ controller, but i think all manufacturers should take a shot at the folding keyboard thing.  Anything that makes things more portable is a step in the right direction!

Comment

Wow! That is very interesting. What's the action like on it? Does it have a USB MIDI out on it for plugging directly into a laptop with VB3? Any plans for a single keyboard version that's even more compact?

Comment

• jared gold
        jared gold commented
        Editing a comment

It has a midi out ... but works very nicely with VB3 software ... The action are waterfall keys, organ action... but that can be adjusted according to what the buyer wants...  No single version, just the double... however we can talk if you private email me, and perhaps work something out ...

jared9535@aol.com

The controls being below (and to the right of) the lower manual could be a problem for some. Kind of hard to adjust that while playing a chord in the upper octaves of the lower manual.

Korg Z1, Yamaha Clavinova CLP-350, Alesis Ion, Alesis QS8.2, Kawai K3M, Arturia CS-80V, VAZ Modular, co-author of MinimogueVA and Arppe2600va.

Comment

• jared gold
        jared gold commented
        Editing a comment

the control panel can be customized on either side... I like it on the right because when you're playing bass with your left hand its easier to move controls with my right ... however, it is customizeable...

Very cool. How much does it weigh? Too bad the top manual is so high off the lower manual, and that the controls are on the lower right. Middle would be best (but I see the problem there), and left, next best. Except for folks playing left hand bass, of course ... which may be why they're on the right.

Perfect for someone who needs to travel via the Metro, though! Very clever design.

learjeff.net

Comment

• jared gold
        jared gold commented
        Editing a comment

it weighs 25 lbs ... as you said, I put the lower manual on the right for people who play left hand bass... however the control panel can be easily placed on the left as well... the height of the top manual above the lower is not a nuisance... I use this rig on all my gigs and I'm one of the top jazz organists on the scene today...

thanks for the interest...

Jared

Working...
    X