NEW Native Instruments DSP Synth

Bernard

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

''A teaser from Native Instruments' next software synth.

One synth to rule them all. Years of meticulous research and the latest in cutting-edge DSP technology combine to deliver a synth with teeth.

For more info watch this space:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/a-revolution-is-coming/

https://soundcloud.com/nativeinstruments/sets/a-revolution-is-coming

''

Hmmm... some kind of hybrid controller to offload some CPU cycles?

• Members

Hmmm... some kind of hybrid controller to offload some CPU cycles?

I like this very much. 

Stand alone Maschine, another platform to run their software. Could be a lot of work to make DSP versions of their software though, but its supposed to be revolution.

A love child of the Oasys.

• Members

There are software companies that make graphics for their software synth marketing documents that look like hardware boxes. Tone2 comes to mind. I won't buy another controller that is specialized for one particular piece of computer software. I lost interest in the idea a while ago. We shall see.

• Members

Gribs wrote:

There are software companies that make graphics for their software synth marketing documents that look like hardware boxes. Tone2 comes to mind. I won't buy another controller that is specialized for one particular piece of computer software. I lost interest in the idea a while ago. We shall see.

I would hope so as control by numbers would be painful...

I know what you mean really but this just smacks of a new controller/cpu... Clever as you get the graphical interface of a computer to play with modular and other patch settings but you still have some hands on Analog like control of common tweaks. It also could solve some of the problem of control position pick up in a cheap way as they can show you on your PC where the control settings are on a patch and the real life controller can pick up in the normal way without the need for collar leds or your guess which way to turn a knob.. Not a perfect solution but a alternative to what we have now.. If true it seems they have also switches and buttons to add to the fun...

Throw in that it may be a more efficient VA (assuming it has its own CPU), so your system is just an interface assistance and patch library, not the sound engine, then there is some promise espicially for those who do not want another CPU hog..

This all assumes you want a good VA.. if not then it is not going to help you :smileywink:

• Members

The soundcloud demos are mostly quite good. There wasn't anything that would make me buy it over Massive or anything by Korg. So I'll wait to see the hardware component, assuming there is one.

I've wanted a keyboard/synth version of Maschine for a while, either using Massive or multiple softsynth engines.

Just an upgraded Massive would be nice, it's a great synth that does more than {censored}ty dubstep sounds and if one doesn't like the presets, it's a synth, so they can roll their own.

• Members

Gribs mentioned he wasn't happy with dedicated hardware/software setups. I don't agree, mainly because I find generic controllers just too darn frustrating in terms of keeping track of what each knob, slider and switch does as you change focus from the DAW to a plugin or even some hardware. 

Using Live with an APC40 and Launchpad is intuitive...I still haven't bothered to read the APC manual!

Using the (premapped at the factory) Remote Mode on my Motif with Cubase is also intuitive, the screen tabs select what the knobs will control and there is visual feedback with parameter names and values.

I do however have issues with longevity, since the hardware is dependent on software and we all know depending on software is a crapshoot. Why would I want to buy Maschine after NI left all their Kore users high and dry? 

• Members

Gribs wrote:

It looks like I was right:

Komplete 9 with Battery 4 and a new analog-modeled mono-synth called "Monark".  Wow, I usually do not predict things this well.  :catsurprised:

Welldone :cattongue:

As for NI:

''MONARK is a virtual synth with a dynamic, analog heart

• Members

I go back to something like Komplete 3 or 4, when the price was more like $1k. At that time, there was not the glut of softies on the market that we have now. I bought into it primarily to get Reaktor, Kontakt, and FM7 (it was before FM8). Also there was still the Pro-53 Prophet 5 simulation and B4. I thought that I was really going to get into Reaktor programming and did to the point that I did all the tutorials and created a couple of custom instruments that were useless asanything other than curiosities for experimenting and learning the program. I decided that making my own synths was too much like my real job.

I bought Kore 2 and really liked that, and then I bought Maschine and also liked that. I was peeved when Kore was discontinued and slowly lost interest in Maschine and controller-software combos in general.

In hindsight, I have played around alot with NI's products but they have not found a regular place. I am not seeing enough interesting new material to suggest that it is worth my $150 bucks to upgrade to Komplete 9.

• Members

'' She's a Killer Queen

Gunpowder, gelatine

Dynamite with a laser beam

Guaranteed to blow your mind

Anytime

Drop of a hat she's as willing as

Playful as a {censored} cat

Then momentarily out of action

Temporarily out of gas

To absolutely drive you wild, wild.

She's all out to get you